Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: My Thoughts :

Urban Dog Man. Is there any of the old Farrelly blood lines still around in Canada? All dog men that had access to all the older dog magazines/ Blood lines/Pete sparks etc. Know that the best English Pit Blood came into this country through the great Canadian Dog man F. G. Henry. Earl Tudor liked his line a lot. Giroux was another known Canadian dog man. He came along later in the game. Knowing the past is great, yet we cannot just dwell on that and old pedigrees. The dog's parents and grandparents have the most influence.

Back to the Farrelly line. A good dog man I know bred to a grand champion Farrelly bred dog, owned by Captain Ben. Was bred to a bitch dog I sold him. Out of Young's Winchester x Young's Sally. Called Mc'leod's Sally Cat. Those dogs had a lot of common ancestors on both sides. Results was a litter of very good dogs. Captain Ben went overseas and took his part of that litter. He had good sucess and return later in hopes of making the breeding again. The well had run dry.

I always waited to see how a litter turned out and look at papers later. Good to know how a family of dogs are bred, but it takes the real deal square ring to see what one really has. Not how fast a dog can run a mill, pull a weight, chase a ball or jump up on a tree and grab a rope etc. If so, called pretty papers and that sort of activity shows their gaminess. Persons that own such are just fooling themselves.

Would be better to buy some Am staffs. They can do all that and look pretty to boot. Cheers

P.S. Mr. Teal time to time would give his culls to a professional Wild Hog/ Hog and Cattle dog catching enterprise. Was here in my hometown. Back then they did not use those chest and belly vests. Life expectancy for these dogs may be one or three seasons.

These dogs were game enough to run with scent hounds and catch. Yet not the gaminess to stay or win in the square ring. Cheers
    Last edited by CYJ; 09-25-2022 at 02:01 PM. Reason: addition