Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Brood stock

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=41359

This is the best all-around dog I have ever seen. He scratched to the side of the head. It almost looked like he opened his mouth and took the ear to the adam's apple and pulled it all together. he did not have devastating mouth but he could bite well above average. He punished the side of the head and the jaw muscle. Once he go there he as freak strong at 45-46 pounds but moved like he was 35-36. He could not be touched from where he landed. At any point there was let up in the o ther he dropped in the throat with extreme finish.

He planted three and curred out 1 in 4 trips out on the road.

Locally there was a lot of debate about this dog on his first time out. His half-brother People's Joker (Jiggs X Lucky) was a 1XW and was in keep for his 2nd. Joker was worked, rubbed, fed and put up for the night looking as good as any dog could being two weeks out. The next morning, he was graveyard dead.

Charlie was a replacement dog. He had been looked at a couple three times and pretty much just needed to be checked. It was decided to walk to bring him in on two weeks and use that as his check. One of the most special things about Charlie was he worked himself into better condition than most conditioners could do with the best laid plan. Whoever was working Charlie simply grabbed a bucket and took a seat inside the chain space of the dog next to him. Charlie then turned his chain into a flying Jenny. He sprinted in one direction as fast as he could go, so much so the chains hardly touched the ground. Every three-four-five minutes or so he would stop, bark a couple times and then go in the other direction as fast as he could go. he would do this as long as someone sat with another dog. So when Charlie cane OTC he was truly OTC in the truest sense of the word.

His first outing was into a 2XW-2XW OTC dog from Harry Hargrove. From the onset Charlie was bombarded as he had never seen that much dog. The handler kept taking his hat off and waving it in the dog's faces. Our side made complaint after complaint to the ref and he would not ask for it to be stopped. Charlie had his face destroyed, and so much so I thought his eyes were no more. After the pounding in the face and eyes on the first scratch he was screaming and pulling so we knew he was going to scratch. Just before he was released a guy from the other camp standing outside the box took off his hat and lowere dit into the box and waved it back and forth. Charlie who was struggling to see scratched to the movement. He made a hard right turn and went for the hat. When the guy snatched it up and away Charlie followed it, airborne, over the wall and into the garage door. The dent almost looks cartoon like as it is an impression of Charlie going splat. He his the foor like a sack of potatoes.

We cried foul they screamed cur. It got loud, there was pushing, shoving and posturing. We were in a neighborhood and 'noise' would be all of our downfalls. We conceded the fight to stop the fight. Charlie was picked up, brought back in the box and when he got his shit together he was screaming and pulling. Charlie was let go and scratched like a rocket. Charlie hit him on top of his face, and the fight resumed. Dogs on the inside and people on the outside. 10 minutes or so passed and order was somewhat restored. We conceded the match.

A really knowledgeable 'old guy' stepped in the box and told the other camp there dog had quit and out of posturing asked for a scratch to win. He laid a $100 bill on the floor and says it is yours if he scratches. The handler knew what he was holding, and we could see he was not pulling or leaning forward. He scooped up his dog as a 3XW-2XW and said 'they didn't have to prove shit to anyone' (which is absolutely true). They took the money, and they took what they called a win but they dug a whole after the ride home. Charlie came back out three more times. And each time we made sure that camp knew he was available and taking money from a wall jumping cur should be a piece of cake. They never bothered.

His next outing the two dog shit in the middle and literally bounced off one another and in the scrum Charlie came up in his ass, a place he had never been. In a handful of minutes it was over. When the dog laid back some Charlie went in his threat and the RBJ (Hot Dog/Humdinger bred) dog was called it quits.

His third time out he wnet into one of the gamest dogs I have ever seen. He was Buck-Red Boy bred and he made scratches the overwhelming majority would not have made. Charlie put something on his head that was brutal and never ending. The Buck bred dog never flinched til he finally collapsed. On his last scratch all he coiuld do was push with one leg and slide himself on the carpet. We took Charlie to the truck and the split second we knew he was good, we grabbed out medical bag and both camps worked on this dog for the next 6 or seven hours trying to save him. I have never seen anything anymore game than this dog. That does not come along every day.

We called Charlie a CH from that point on. Some disagreed then and some disagree now. On his first time out, we lost a lot of money, but he won the show.

Back to the topic, Lucky threw a number of dogs like this. They were methodical in their breakdown work and then throat checked at the end. Most of their breakdown work was on the head-in the face-between the eyes with an offensive mindset. He had a littermate brother, Bobby, who had every skill Charlie had, but with more mouth, but knocked out all his teeth by the time he was 20 months old. Three sisters, Holly, Polly and Dolly, that were equally as talented in the box, but none had the chain running habit like Charlie.

Some call it selection, some call it in-breeding and line breeding and there is a lot of science to both but sometimes it is as simple as stacking the things you like to see from good dogs that do the things you like. That sort of dumbs things down a bit.

EWO

I guess it can be like a jab and then the degree of the impact starts separating one job from another.

There were a couple Larry Hoomes fights where he wins if he never throws the right hand. Some of the jabs Douglas landed on Tyson were really impactful.

Some of Ali's were nothing more than 'distance makers' for something else.

Some jabs set things up and some jabs sting, and some jabs actually hurt and some jabs are just there to keep someone away.

Charlie's jabs were the hurting kind.

EWO II

Quote Originally Posted by Frank43 View Post
    Head face seems like a jab to me. Not ear sucking. To me it’s about the plan. A bolio type that gets a first grab face hold. Then works to flip and get in the throat and finish. Priceless. It’s like mayweather with some Tyson finish. Or Ali staying out of trouble against Liston then ending him with the pullback right.

https://youtu.be/Hb2WFHhXDyw

Something about head dog screams control pace and distance. Brains.

Quote Originally Posted by EWO II View Post
    I guess it can be like a jab and then the degree of the impact starts separating one job from another.

There were a couple Larry Hoomes fights where he wins if he never throws the right hand. Some of the jabs Douglas landed on Tyson were really impactful.

Some of Ali's were nothing more than 'distance makers' for something else.

Some jabs set things up and some jabs sting, and some jabs actually hurt and some jabs are just there to keep someone away.

Charlie's jabs were the hurting kind.

EWO II
    I can’t find that picture. There was a dog glued at a 90 degree angle to the other dog solid face hold. In Mma and Jiu Jitsu there are dominant holds and angles. It has to be one of the most dominant holds possible. I guess that’s where you have to really watch and see if the is a plan. Like watching that Ali fight. He knew Liston had power but he controlled the distance. Ali had speed and power in his hands but not like Liston or foreman. The whole fight he’s back pedaling hitting him with jabs and baiting him for that pull back counter. It’s beautiful. Like the a team. I love it when a plan comes together.

The same. It is hard to compare people sports and canine sports but in s stretch. Ali back peddling and controlling the distance with footwork and hand speed and the 'eventual/continual' beat down comes and then there is a knockout is sort of similar to Charlie's approach. He controlled everything with location and controlling everything with his constant push and pressure. Then at the least sign of fading, bam, it is a KO.

With that said I have been really happy with a few that simply led with their face and said let's trade. LOL

S

That’s the ward gotti types.