Thread: The future of breeding

The future of breeding

I thought this was pretty interesting. Maybe one day it will pertain to dogs. What are your thought's on this?
    http://cosmiclog.msnbc.msn.com/_news/20 ... ?gt1=43001

Re: The future of breeding

Its wrong,wrong,wrong.

Why do think it is so wrong. Just for example say my neighbor wants to put the genetics of his best two buck studs together. He's already one of the best. Maybe this could make him THE best. Check it out maybe you will get a better idea of what I'm thinking.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nELV8j0E ... _embedded#!

It is interesting what genetic geniuses can do ... but my own opinion is if you have a good group of bulldogs, then you don't need to resort to this kind of theatrical (and expensive!) nonsense to produce "more" good bulldogs

I simply don't think it is that hard to produce a damned bulldog I like who can kick ass to go through such trouble. Hell, I could have an accidental kennel breeding in my sleep and produce a dog that can do that, so I just can't see the motivation to do any of that

And, on a serious note, just because science can get something like that "to live" doesn't mean that animal is even fit, or healthy, let alone qualifies as a first class match dog.

Cheers,

Jack

This is perverse in so many ways, I understand using stem cell research to fix a problem or correct a deficiency of a new born baby, but not abuse it like making a puppy or human child out of two studs or two dudes or even to re-make an animal that you thought was awsome. It's not right and this is exactly why Mother Earth is fighting back in so many ways that she is. Science pukes need to be monitored, in fact they need to have an E-collor law implemented to be put around their necks connected to a computer, so everytime they decide to come up with some out of space idea, ZAP! rejected! If it's time for an animal to be extinct, then so be it.

Through careful breeding it's possible to create another champion dog, hell it's done everyday. :P

Let's say some nerd can afford to take two of his top studs and create the best of both them, I will put my money on blood, sweat,and tears of a dogman and his dogs over a test tube dog anyday of the year. You may can create a dog through scientific means, but one thing you can't recreate is hard work!

Everything on Gods green earth has to go back to dirt eventually. Not a good idea!

PS: My opinions are my own and does not reflect the ideas or opinion of anyone else

man can be too smart for his own good

Yeah I can see your guy's point.