Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Best price kibble

I don't think so. Could be wrong

So i got the Chicken formula and let me say best kibble I have fed, the stool is small and solid, unlike with the other kibble, even more impresive is the fact that I fed it dry, not soaked.

I don't really follow here and by no means being a smart ass, but if you are paying 70$ a bag, why would you not just feed RAW? I don't get it unless you have zero time to feed the dogs, which doesn't sound like it at all b/c I know EVO puts in a lot of time with his dogs.

Maybe I'm missing something, but if a 50lb bag is 70$ being $1.40 a pound, and you agree RAW is best, and RAW is BTW, cheaper than 1.40 a pound, then why not just feed RAW.

The covenience thing doesn't hold up as it only takes me about 5 minutes longer to feed RAW compard to Kibble.

I premix my weekly ration of organs, eggs, yogurt, oil, etc. in one large bucket.
    The chicken quarters are already in a bag. I grab my bucket of guts, couple of bags of chicken and hit the yard. This along with supplements for 2 or 3 old dogs and I'm done feeding 17 dogs in literally 10 minutes.

Evo, since you mentioned you 100% agree RAW is best, I don't understand the logic. There must be something else I'm not privy to and by all means, I'm always looking to learn so I'm just trying to piece this thing together.

Hey evo ..I was looking at the blue wilderness food which is high in protein ..I think its 35 percent..is that to much protein.thanks

Still don't get it. You guys are soaking food, 20 minutes would seem standard to do so, but you don't feed a RAW diet that is actually cheaper than this $70 a bag stuff. Strange logic.

The thing about websites like this is they overprice their products already. Plus shipping would be crazy high because of the weight.

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter Kennel View Post
    Still don't get it. You guys are soaking food, 20 minutes would seem standard to do so, but you don't feed a RAW diet that is actually cheaper than this $70 a bag stuff. Strange logic.
    +1

Not to mention soaking in water still doesn't restore the nutritional elements destroyed by the kibbbling process.

This site is WAY over priced. My local feed store sells the same Blue Buffalo for $10 cheaper per bag, plus no shipping. Victor's is the BEST kibble to feed, do the research.

im trying something new.....when feeding a COMPLETE RAW diet with organs,oils,veggies @ guts..... its not cheaper than kibble........ jacks ECONOMICAL RAW is however, and ive gotten better results with that than any kibble ive fed...... however, my peice of mind that theyre getting complet wholsome nutrition that compares to a complete raw diet,....just wasnt there....

so what im doing no is instead of a cup of brown rice (as a filler), im substituting with 1 cup of quality soaked kibble...... with that im still adding 1/2 raw chicken quarter... 1 softboiled egg...1 tablspoon of lard/mantec (or coconut oil)... a dabble of olive oil....a tablespoon of yogurt.....and a atblespoon of diatamaceous earth.......& 1/2 daily multivitamin

whatever nutrition i may have been deficiant on.... im thinkin will be provided with the kibble........... ill update with results.................

i know the digestion rates differ.... but im thinking that info is based on the assumption folks feed the kibble dry....plus with the probiotics added & it being soaked....... im only gettin 1 pile of shit a day..... somethin must be right....