Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Great price on Salmon Oil

SOLD!! good lookin out cuzzo!

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyDan View Post
    I contacted the company above who is in South Dakota. They import their salmon oil from Alaska. It is wild alaskan salmon oil. Wild Alaskan salmon has very low levels of mercury. There is no additives in their salmon oil. No preservatives or antifreeze (which is commonly used in trapping so the bait doesnt freeze). It may not be as filtered as some other oils but i dont think a few chunks of salmon are gonna hurt anything.
    Cool! Thanks for checking. Good deal.

I think a few chunks of salmon would be a plus for the dogs lol

I ordered a gallon and would like to know how long will this stay fresh in the house where the temp is around 70 degrees? Can it be kept frozen?

Quote Originally Posted by RHC View Post
    I ordered a gallon and would like to know how long will this stay fresh in the house where the temp is around 70 degrees? Can it be kept frozen?
    I always keep my salmon oil in the fridge. I hear it can be frozen for longer term storage.

Since this salmon oil has no preservatives, I would not keep it at 70 degree temps, it would spoil pretty fast...
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

I ordered 2 gallons and it came today. Pretty fast service. It smells, looks, and tastes just like the lifeline salmon oil i had previously. No chunks, very clean oil actually. U can store it at 70 degrees so long as you keep as much air as possible out of the container. Just crush the bottle til u squeeze the air out of it every time u reseal it. Also try putting it into many smaller containers or freezing it if youd like. We have a few bitches that took and some litters coming up so im sure it wont be around long enough here that it will go bad.

I was thinking smaller containers and keeping them cool. This would be great to add to a RAW diet.

I ordered 1 gallon and it just showed up. Just as SteelyDan said fast delivery and very clean oil.

I just Salmon Oil again. It's a good deal. They just added Pressed Fish Oil. It cost a little less at $19.95 per gallon. Any huge difference between Alaskan Salmon Oil vs Pressed Fish Oil?