Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Question

That sucks they did not do the blood work as that could show a problem. Do you have any other better vet choice? Good luck and hope you find out what it is. Pups usually gain weight pretty easily but sometimes will go thru a lean period.

Have you tried feeding him some Satin Balls to up his weight? Goggle those if you don't know about them, they are well known to put weight on a dog or pup.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SGC View Post
    That sucks they did not do the blood work as that could show a problem. Do you have any other better vet choice? Good luck and hope you find out what it is. Pups usually gain weight pretty easily but sometimes will go thru a lean period.

Have you tried feeding him some Satin Balls to up his weight? Goggle those if you don't know about them, they are well known to put weight on a dog or pup.
    Thanks for the advice. I will look into that for sure.

I dropped pup off yesterday at the vet. My wife went to feed and he had thrown up, so we are now waiting on blood work results.

Quote Originally Posted by missip73 View Post
    I dropped pup off yesterday at the vet. My wife went to feed and he had thrown up, so we are now waiting on blood work results.
    Bloodwork is good so maybe I was worried for nothing but I love my hounds like my own kids .... spend my last dime for their well being

Bloodwork is good so maybe I was worried for nothing but I love my hounds like my own kids .... spend my last dime for their well being
    What else can I say?

FEED HIM TWICE A DAY, EQUAL PARTS EACH FEEDING, IN THE MORNING & THEN IN THE EVENING/NIGHT. YOU SHOULD START TO SEE A DIFFERENCE DURING THE 2ND WEEK.. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, THERE'S SOMETHING DEFINITELY WRONG WITH THE PUP

Quote Originally Posted by bigpopdog View Post
    FEED HIM TWICE A DAY, EQUAL PARTS EACH FEEDING, IN THE MORNING & THEN IN THE EVENING/NIGHT. YOU SHOULD START TO SEE A DIFFERENCE DURING THE 2ND WEEK.. IF THAT DOESN'T WORK, THERE'S SOMETHING DEFINITELY WRONG WITH THE PUP
    He's starting to look better. I changed feeds. I had been feeding him Purina Pro Plan 30/20 and I switched him and my others dogs to the large breed formula without looking at the protein to fat ratio. That feed had 13% fat I did notice my other bulldogs slimming down, but not like this guy was slimming down.

He's starting to look better. I changed feeds. I had been feeding him Purina Pro Plan 30/20 and I switched him and my others dogs to the large breed formula without looking at the protein to fat ratio. That feed had 13% fat I did notice my other bulldogs slimming down, but not like this guy was slimming down.
    WHEN YOU STARTED THIS THREAD YOU ONLY MENTIONED THE FIRST PART OF THIS SENTENCE HAD YOU MENTIONED THE REST OF WHAT YOU SAID YOU MIGHT'VE SAVED YOURSELF SOME MONEY., REASON BEING IS BECAUSE EVERYBODY KNOWS THAT LARGE BREED FEED HAS LESS FAT.

Yes, a different food with lower fat content would not be so good for a pup. You can add fat to their diet, and again those Satin Balls are a good way to put weight on any dog or pup.

How's he doing now? Gaining weight? They can go thru a lean stage in their growth.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Quote Originally Posted by SGC View Post
    How's he doing now? Gaining weight? They can go thru a lean stage in their growth.
    He's starting to look better. I changed feeds.
    , THAT WAS THE WHOLE REASON FOR MY POST.