Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wheat germ oil.

Raw beef tripe as a supplement to bag food is a good idea as well. A lot of the stuff to make dog food was never intended to be dog food. The tripe will help assimilate some of the by products.

Even if there is not a ton of nutritional value it will break down plant matter and move it along so it does not hang around long enough to make those 'mongo dry dog food turds'.

EWO

It is god-awful smelling. It smells like none other. It will gag a maggot but the dogs love it and it works small miracles. LOL

EWO

Quote Originally Posted by EWO View Post
    It is god-awful smelling. It smells like none other. It will gag a maggot but the dogs love it and it works small miracles. LOL

EWO
    YEAH, IT SMELLS HELLA TERRIBLE BUT I GOT TO HAVE IT FOR MY DOGS .

It is god awful smelling no doubts.

But its value can be incredible when comparing cost and how it can improve the nutritional effectiveness of any bag of dog food.

Basically any bag of dry food is improved upon with green tripe added.

Much different than throwing in a chicken quarter as an additive.

The tripe will actually break down the plant matter in the bag food and make it more effective/better assimilated and an easier pass thru.

Very underrated in the grand scheme of things.

And pretty cheap to boot.

EWO

Yes green tripe is good stuff. I used to feed this frozen green tripe from Blue Ridge Beef --

https://blueridgebeef.com/products/green-tripe

They were out of it for awhile, they said it was all going to China. But they have it again. If you are on the east coast, the Blue Ridge Beef company has quality raw feeds for dogs. I also use their Puppy Mix, it has a good blend of raw meats, organs and bones.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Thye called them 'chubs'. I use to get the 10lb. chub and freeze them. Once frozen I would cut them into 1/2 pound or so patties and re-package.

When frozen the smell is not nearly as bad.

From there feeding is a bit easier.

I bought mine from a BARF distributor here in NC.

EWO

Oh yes, frozen is much better re: the smell!

Blue Ridge Beef chubs come frozen and are about 2 pounds. They might have 10 pounds chubs but I'm only feeding one dog these days. So 2 pounds is plenty and I do cut it semi frozen and wrap and re-freeze it in patties.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.