Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Raw Food Websites

Are you talking daily here?....How about for pups? could you multiply your matrix by a number for pups?

Of course I am talking daily. Look at the green-highlighted sentence on the previous page

Regarding pups, yes absolutely, by 6 weeks pups can handle the raw diet--but you have to grind it up or at least cut the chicken up into smaller bite-sized pieces. (Same as a mama wolf in the wild regurges; she doesn't just drop a whole kill in front of small pups.)

Got it!...(no addies).... They don't need any more food being pups and all?? and what about making sure they are getting the right vitamins and minerals in their diet..

Quote Originally Posted by Oregonbulldog View Post
    Got it!...(no addies).... They don't need any more food being pups and all?? and what about making sure they are getting the right vitamins and minerals in their diet..
    If you follow the diet in my book, that will not be a problem. I don't have time to get into it all right now, but I am in the process of trying to upload my entire "Feeding Raw DVD" ... and I will eventually have my entire chapter on nutrition ... so if you have my book, you can answer your own questions by reading the chapter, but if not I will be posting all of this info after awhile, but it is just way too much material to post right now.

Sorry if that is insufficient, but in time it will all be pretty clear.

Thanks,

Jack

Here is a Raw Food company with a Puppy Mix and other types, most are only $2.55 for a 2 pound tube, which is only $1.28 per pound.

I just found this brand at my local pet food store, they had a new case with frozen raw for dogs and cats. I have been feeding raw for some time and keep an eye out for quality raw dog foods at a reasonable price.

Well, this new raw food comes in a frozen tube or chub, most of them are $2.55 for a 2 pound tube. Those are the Green Tripe, Ground Chicken, Ground Turkey, Ground Venison, and a few more. Others, such as Puppy Mix, were $3.35 for a 2 pound tube, and the most expensive was $9.95 for Ground Rabbit with bone.

Here is the web site –

http://www.blueridgebeef.com/product...f-chicken.html

They have dealers in the Southeast US, and that price seems a very good value at $1.28 to $1.63 per pound for most of it. I bought a tube of the Ground Chicken, I wanted the Venison, but they were out of it.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Nice find, SGC, and I agree the prices are reasonable.

Cruious, though, there is nothing in there but the chicken and bone, so it is not a complete diet. Also, they say it is only 5% fat, which is odd, because chicken is usually 20-30% fat, so I am curious if they throw the skin away??

Let us know when you get it, and thanks again for the link!

Jack

Yes, I also noticed that this food seems to be just meat and bone ground. Which is good but I agree, that is not really a complete diet.

I looked around on their web site and on the FAQ page, and found this question and reply, which I will copy & paste below –

SHOULD WE USE SUPPLEMENTS?
    WELL, I DO. THESE DAYS OUR FOOD CHAIN SEEMS TO HAVE LESS AND LESS NUTRITION IN OUR FOODS, PROCESSING HAS CAUSED A LOT OF FOOD VALUE LOST, VITAMIN AND MINERALS THAT WERE PERHAPS IN THE FOOD HAVE BEEN LOST DO TO MANY MAN MADE HURRY TO THE MARKET PROCEDURES. SO YES, SUPPLEMENTS CAN BE VERY HELPFUL IN PROVIDING EXTRA ANTIOXIDANT PROTECTION AND SUPPORT FOR THE GROWING, SHOWING, AND WORKING ATHLETES WE CALL OUR FRIENDS.

They are rather vague about what needs to be supplemented.

I would think the Blue Ridge meats would need some vegetable mash added, and a multi vitamin. It’s all meat and bone so you would add what you feel is missing.

In comparison, the Nature’s Variety frozen raw has these ingredients –

Chicken –
    Chicken, Raw Ground Chicken Bone, Turkey, Turkey Liver, Turkey Heart, Apples, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Ground Flaxseeds, Montmorillonite Clay

Beef –
    Beef, Beef Heart, Beef Liver, Raw Ground Beef Bone, Beef Kidney, Apples, Carrots, Butternut Squash, Ground Flaxseeds, Montmorillonite Clay

Venison --
    Venison, Lamb Heart, Lamb Liver, Raw Ground Lamb Bone, Apples, Carrots, Pumpkinseeds, Butternut Squash, Ground Flaxseeds, Montmorillonite Clay

So what I am seeing is you should add some vegetable matter and maybe some of the Montmorillonite clay for a more complete diet?

I also use kelp, plain yogurt, and some apple cider vinegar as supplements with any feed I use.

The Blue Ridge raw food is a good price, raw green tripe for $1.28 a pound is an excellent value.

Nature’s Variety is $12 for a 3 pound tube up here so I can certainly easily add some diced or pureed veggies to the Blue Ridge foods.

And I also wondered about the fat percentage in their Chicken as I agree, chicken is usually higher fat, and I would doubt they throw away the skin… But who knows. I guess I should write them and ask some of these questions as I would like to know more.

I've never ordered from any of these sites posted and just now starting to really get into raw feed I was wondering if fuses sites only deliver to stores or will they deliver to your home?

Quote Originally Posted by widerange View Post
    I've never ordered from any of these sites posted and just now starting to really get into raw feed I was wondering if fuses sites only deliver to stores or will they deliver to your home?
    Each company is different. I have used Hare Today and they will ship right to you but the shipping is expensive. Big Dog Naturals will ship to your home but they have a minimum order which is quite a large size so you need to split it with someone else or have a large freezer.

Blue Ridge Beef ships to a local store so I just buy from them as needed. My Pet Carnivore makes delivery stops where you can meet them and pick up the frozen meats.

Most of them have info about the shipping on the web sites or you can call and ask.

I thought I had posted this here but this site has some very useful charts on the Nutritional Value of various raw meats –

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/dietvalues.htm

Here is the chart on raw chicken –

http://www.lowchensaustralia.com/health/chicken.htm

That site also has many other useful articles.