Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: W.I.C

Looks like a miniature of his grandsire on his dam's side.

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    In closing, as a general rule, a coefficient of 10% (or less) is a scatter-bred dog (or possibly a 100% straight outcross), where there is little relatedness in common amongst the entirety of BOTH parents' ancestries. A 10%-20% Wright's Inbreeding Coefficient is a somewhat linebred dog. Coefficients of 20%-35% are getting into some solid linebreeding in the genetic background, and anything with over a 35% W.I.C. is an intensely inbred/linebred animal.[/list]

Hope this provides some clarity!

Jack
    SZ82, as Jack said, here is the general rule on whether a dog is scatter-bred or linebred. If you look in the lower right column, directly under the pedigree statistics of the dog you listed, http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=48130 , you'll see you have a coefficient of 9.375%, a scatter-bred dog.

Dang... Oh, well... We'll see what he does anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Infidel77 View Post
    SZ82, as Jack said, here is the general rule on whether a dog is scatter-bred or linebred. If you look in the lower right column, directly under the pedigree statistics of the dog you listed, http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=48130 , you'll see you have a coefficient of 9.375%, a scatter-bred dog.
    That's at 4-generations.

When using the WIC, it's important to use the full function of the database and drop down 10- 15-generations.

In this particular case, the WIC doesn't jump much higher (13%+), but I've seen it go from negligible to highly-inbred once the full relatedness of the background is taken into account by the deeper search.

Jack

He's a beautiful pup in any case. See what he'll be as an adult, and go from there. Just wasn't sure since he has the triple bred top and bottom what he'd be considered.

I'm no guru....but I'm not seeing this dog (SZ82's) as a scatter bred dog at all. To hell with what the WIC says. To me this is a heavy ELI, BOLIO (several strains) dog with some influences from Jeep (more ELI), RB, Jocko & CHINAMAN ( more ELI).

So I'd call it a family cross or JETHRO dog, or whatever other fancy name ya'll would label that type of breeding.

S_B

That's what I thought, too, S_B. That's why I was curious as to what percentages would be considered scattered. And looking at him, I can clearly see the Jethro and Buck (from the dam's side) so if you can see where the genes are coming from, how's it scattered? But I didn't want to argue the point, because at the end of the day, it doesn't matter what the W.I.C says, long as I have an idea where I'd go from here, if he works out.