Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FULL ON ASSAULT ON FLEAS!

I did much the same on an assault on fleas in TN ... no longer would die to anything.

Also poured a bag of rocksalt in the chain spots, and raked about, to make sure the ground was too salty for the flea larvae to live.

Jack

Just tried Bifen. It seems to be working well. I got it from a 'treat your own home' site but I believe it is on EBay as well.

It seems most everything I have ever tried has worked, to an extent. There are pines all around the dogs so it is a constant battle. I can keep them at bay for the most part, but there will be the occasional outbreak. Usually just one dog out of the yard. I bathe and treat the dog then the area. Then do what it takes to keep them at bay all over again.

Here in NC it is a never ending battle. 90 degrees, followed by a rain shower, the humidity soars and the temperature gets back into the 90's....the perfect incubator. EWO

This is the first time I can ever remember having no fleas on my yard for 2 years..4 th generation on this land.So even when I was a kid we battled them.

Been over a month now. Still haven't put a single thing on the dogs and not a single flea anywhere to be found. This stuff works

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter Kennel View Post
    Been over a month now. Still haven't put a single thing on the dogs and not a single flea anywhere to be found. This stuff works

Good deal man.Im glad you got rid of them. I hope I can remember this thread the next time I have some ,I will try it.

Guys, I don't even have flies. No ticks, fleas, flies, hell - nothing. All the spiders and shit like that who find themselves around the dogs barrels/houses and such, GONE! Curious to see how long this will work this way seeing it's outdoors, but so far - SO VERY GOOD!

Just got my dog back from a friend. He was full of fleas. I washed him down and sprayed out a the bunch of flea eggs on his lower back with the garden hose. I dried him off and sprayed him all over (Back, Front, Sides, Legs, Tail, Neck, and Ears) with Adams Flea & Tick Spray and left on for about 30 min to give it time to kill the fleas. Washed him again and sprayed out the dead fleas. Dried him down. Sprayed him again. Waited 30 more mins to kill the remaining fleas. Washed him off and dried him again and he was flea free. Wormed him out. I made sure to empty his dogs house and spray in the corners. Left it bare for the first two days to make sure i got them all (Fleas). Filled the dog house up with pine shavings and hes doing good.

Quote Originally Posted by Chase1 View Post
    Just got my dog back from a friend. He was full of fleas. I washed him down and sprayed out a the bunch of flea eggs on his lower back with the garden hose. I dried him off and sprayed him all over (Back, Front, Sides, Legs, Tail, Neck, and Ears) with Adams Flea & Tick Spray and left on for about 30 min to give it time to kill the fleas. Washed him again and sprayed out the dead fleas. Dried him down. Sprayed him again. Waited 30 more mins to kill the remaining fleas. Washed him off and dried him again and he was flea free. Wormed him out. I made sure to empty his dogs house and spray in the corners. Left it bare for the first two days to make sure i got them all (Fleas). Filled the dog house up with pine shavings and hes doing good.
    I hope you have used Adams before and had no problems with it.I know more than one that has used Adams and it caused lots of skin issues.

Still not a single flea, fly, NOTHING