Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: >>>))) ARTICLES ON CONDITIONING (((<<<

ZeroCool

Re: >>>))) ARTICLES ON CONDITIONING (((<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Bojacc357
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroCool
    Those have been debunked.. That is mostly broscience that have been proven to be false in the bodybuilding world. You get enough glutamine in your diet alone, no need to supplement it. And the "post workout window is " within 1-2 days, not 30 minutes after the workout. feeding 10 minutes after a workout, and feeding 6 hours after a workout will yield the same results. just make sure you everything before the end of the day and you will be good. and fats dont slow down digestion.

and simple carbs and complex carbs are the same thing for body composition. They let out a different energy, the complex will release slow/long lasting energy, BUT as far as body composition, your body will use both types of carbs the same way when improving body composition.

years ago yes they believed it..-- this is old school information, but new studies have proven all this to be nonsense.

just thought i would add my 2 cents to this thread.

Alan Aragon has some good articles on his website if you want to look more into it.
    http://alanaragon.com/

Zerocool, you put up a human study verse a dog study to dispute a dogs body and break down in nutrition. I don't think that is going to apply here. That's part of the problem with ppl approach to dogs. They try to apply human grade thinking.
    I put up a human study because the crosspost part of what he posted was a human study info. What he posted was an old human study, so i posted new human study. that crosspost was basically a copy and paste of half of this article.

http://www.premierfitnesssupplements.co ... &Itemid=40

but i agree with ya, humans and dogs are different species, they require diff nutrition and have different recovery times etc. But some stuff is very similar. you can do what you want, but the 30 min recovery time even with dogs is all bs if you ask me.

Oh ok I got you bro. This is a real interesting topic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bojacc357
    Those have been debunked.. That is mostly broscience that have been proven to be false in the bodybuilding world. You get enough glutamine in your diet alone, no need to supplement it. And the "post workout window is " within 1-2 days, not 30 minutes after the workout. feeding 10 minutes after a workout, and feeding 6 hours after a workout will yield the same results. just make sure you everything before the end of the day and you will be good. and fats dont slow down digestion.

and simple carbs and complex carbs are the same thing for body composition. They let out a different energy, the complex will release slow/long lasting energy, BUT as far as body composition, your body will use both types of carbs the same way when improving body composition.

years ago yes they believed it..-- this is old school information, but new studies have proven all this to be nonsense.

just thought i would add my 2 cents to this thread.

Alan Aragon has some good articles on his website if you want to look more into it.
    http://alanaragon.com/

Zerocool, you put up a human study verse a dog study to dispute a dogs body and break down in nutrition. I don't think that is going to apply here. That's part of the problem with ppl approach to dogs. They try to apply human grade thinking.
    I put up a human study because the crosspost part of what he posted was a human study info. What he posted was an old human study, so i posted new human study. that crosspost was basically a copy and paste of half of this article.

http://www.premierfitnesssupplements.co ... &Itemid=40

but i agree with ya, humans and dogs are different species, they require diff nutrition and have different recovery times etc. But some stuff is very similar. you can do what you want, but the 30 min recovery time even with dogs is all bs if you ask me.
    a friend of mine gave me THE BEST OF YOUR FRIEND AND MINE there was a artical on protein and amino acid composition and in it it showed the similarities between the two and to my supprise they were almost identical . As soon as i go thru my books i'll share it

great reading

So is RF-1 and K-9 PERFORMANCE ...(for example)

are they nutritionaly fit to todays nutritional requirments for a working dog. And whats a good fat/protien ration for working and not working animals. If these write-ups are debunked.

Buck.

ZeroCool

Quote Originally Posted by Buck E. Owens

are they nutritionaly fit to todays nutritional requirments for a working dog. And whats a good fat/protien ration for working and not working animals. If these write-ups are debunked.

Buck.
    k9 performance brand has garbage supplements and a waste of money. Just take a look at the ingredients in it, especially the price.

Hell, take a look at k9 vertex supplement ingredients.

http://k9boost.com/Vertex.htm

"Ingredients: Maltodextrin, Whole Dried Egg, Whey Protein Concentrate, Poultry Liver Hydrolysate, Canola Oil, Olive Oil, Flax Oil, Flax Seed Meal, Spirulina, Chlorella, Alfalfa Powder, Kelp Powder, Pumpkin Powder, MSM, Glucosamine Hydrochloride, Chondroitin Sulfate, Sodium Ascorbate, (Vit C) Calcium Citrate, Calcium Carbonate, L-leucine, L-isoleucine, L-valine, Salmon Oil, L-glutamine, Mixed Tocopherols, (Vit E) Potassium Chloride, Trace Minerals, Lutein, Micro Algae (Asaxanthin), Ginseng Root Powder, L-carnitine, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, Lactobacillus Lactis, Bifido Bacterium Bifidus, Biotin. "

The most active ingredient is matldexrin! Do you know what that is? thats sugar.. its the cheapest carb/sugar there is. in fact, alot of sodas and candy have it in it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maltodextrin

So basically you are paying all that money for a product that is mostly sugar.

its a very cheap sugar source.

The second most active ingredient is a whole dried egg. save yourself money and buy eggs from the store. And whey protein concentrate, if you really want to feed whey protein, you can buy the protein itself. And the rest of the ingredients are the least amount of ingredients in it. which the dog would get if it has a good multi vitamin/other ingredients will be part of the food you feed if its a good feed.

Rf-1 is not bad but still is a waste of money, take a look at RF-1's ingredients. there is nothing special in it.(its not posted on the site, but i remember when i bought it a few years ago, it has it in the back of it) you can get the same thing from a proper diet and a multivitamin. A big waste of money, as you can get everything from rf-1 from real food and a multi. Tom garner is taking advantage of his fame and hustling people clueless on nutrition.

Tell me what RF-1 has that you cant get from food and a good multivitamin. You would be better off paying for better quality food than wasting your money on RF-1. If you are seeing good results from RF-1 its because the hounds diet is lacking and is not complete. So if you see good results with rf-1 then you can stick with that it, but if you are smart and want to save money, you can get all of rf-1 from a real diet.

And as far as protein/fat ratio's go, you wont be getting any info on me on that. I try not to let my competition get those answers as i like to have the advantage over my opponents. Same thing with the diets i feed. you wont be getting any info out of me on that. But I will just post things that have little effect on the game per say.

Quote Originally Posted by Buck E. Owens
    Buck.

I agree with Zero Cool that these products are a waste of money. The primary ingredient is invariably maltodextrin, a highly-processed starch, used in the production of candy. To that these companies then add powdered (devalued) egg, powdered (devalued) liver, and then a bunch of vitamins ... so why not just save yourself the wasted money and buy whole (full-value) liver, whole (full-value) egg, and not even bother with the maltodextrin?

In the end, there has been no "debunking" of the fact FATS and OILS are the primary source of energy in a working dog. Your dog should get no more than 15% carbs, if even that. At least 50% of your dog's diet should be high-quality fats/oils derived from raw meats. The rest should be proteins and whatever trace elements are found in the veggie mix you provide him. I also recommend a Pedialyte supplement to replace lost electrolytes and minerals in heavy training.

Jack

I personally feed a lil rf-1 everyday to 7 dogs on top of raw feed. I have fed multivitamines and still ha and still had nutritional issues. With rf-1 had good looking hounds. Without feeding 100grs everyday each. Just to ensure they got everything. I dehyrate tripe and liver/hearts and sraps of shucked meat. That i dont turn in to ground patties. Venison,turkey/rabit/chicken. And saws all the carcasses down to feed bagable pieces and freeze them.

Dogs look and work great.

But alot of talk floats around feed making them run hot in hunts. And want to make a safe/nutritonal, peformance feed. Not just yard feed.
    Is it liver the main cause of hot feed(iron rich) is it the iron and carbs that do this?

And redcell thats a thing of the past aswell? Go natural with liver/meats

zerocool i understand the tight lip responce.

Jack thanks for your ratio's / %'s. I like to have up to date info.

This is a good ass thread thanks to all the posters