Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: SPLIT LITTERS??? ( 2 SIRES)

Interesting Frosty good to hear too, I have heard so many debates about it in both directions, but I honestly don't think it diminishes or enhances the chances of a dog being successful as most of the debates I've heard claimed. But I can't wrap my mind around the sperm consciously recognizing that there is a different type of sperm in their territory and start banging for the pooch cooch! Lol

Subscribed Member
    Jack how'd that sparky dog turn out?
    THE WAY OF THE GUN

What do you guys think about having a female AI'd by using frozen semen from 2 dogs on the same heat? I thought I read something about a vet placing semen on eggs, would this help decrease the sperms competition?

Quote Originally Posted by LEFTLANE View Post
    Jack how'd that sparky dog turn out?
    She was a truly badass bitch ... unfortunately gone to waste.

Vise-Grip's Pantera

Quote Originally Posted by AmberLamps View Post
    Interesting!

The female system makes sure only the healthy, fittest and perfectly formed sperm get to reach the egg; which makes me question frozen semen breedings.

If frozen semen is thawed and placed in direct contact with the eggs, without the sperm first having to go through the obstacle course of the female reproductive system in order to find the healthiest, perfectly formed sperm. If we're dumping all the deformed, unhealthy sperm directly onto the eggs, (that would otherwise have never reached the eggs through a natural breeding) creating dogs from junk sperm, are we getting the same quality of dogs from frozen semen breedings that we would a natural breeding?

Or is it just the DNA that matters?

Sorry to go off topic, but i'v often wondered about this.
    Is this the reason AI breedings are looked down upon in the Race Horse circles?

Jack you might wanna change the pic on Vise-Grips Anthrax

Quote Originally Posted by Wise View Post
    Interesting Frosty good to hear too, I have heard so many debates about it in both directions, but I honestly don't think it diminishes or enhances the chances of a dog being successful as most of the debates I've heard claimed. But I can't wrap my mind around the sperm consciously recognizing that there is a different type of sperm in their territory and start banging for the pooch cooch! Lol
    Its the same whit humans. There is studies done on humans that shows that sperms disables the swimming ability on the other part.