Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ((( BREEDERS/OWNERS - UPDATING/DELETING )))

Chase1, if you have a new dog pedigree. Just replace it with the new dog's pedigree. Just pull up this duplicate pedigree,it has no offspring. Just add the new dog's registered name and replace the old sire and dam with the new sire and dam. You kill two birds with one stone. Cheers

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=13209

This dog can be deleted. He is R.I.P., and the breeder asked me to take down the ped. Never had any offspring. Thx

Taken care of. Even though it is not a duplicate. I put it in a duplicate status so it can be replaced. Some of those duplicate pedigrees I am seeing lately still have siblings attached. If those are deleted before the siblings are moved to the correct dog pedigree.

Can cause some problems at a later date. Rentering a dog with a more correct pedigree that has been deleted may keep that pedigree from being re added. Best too if possible to replace these duplicate or pedigrees that may need to be removed with another new dog pedigree.

Just recently I have replaced a bunch of duplicate pedigrees with new dog pedigrees. These were new dogs added for a friend of mine named Mc'leod. I had gotten rid of all the duplicate pedigrees at one time except for the ones with pictures attached.

In just a short time the duplicates have now increased from members not using the system correctly. Hopefully this will soon become a minor problem. Cheers

P.S. There is a Mc'Cleod that lives in Florida that had dogs. This is not a misspelling on another dog man Mc'leod. Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by CYJ View Post
    Taken care of. Even though it is not a duplicate. I put it in a duplicate status so it can be replaced. Some of those duplicate pedigrees I am seeing lately still have siblings attached. If those are deleted before the siblings are moved to the correct dog pedigree.

Can cause some problems at a later date. Rentering a dog with a more correct pedigree that has been deleted may keep that pedigree from being re added. Best too if possible to replace these duplicate or pedigrees that may need to be removed with another new dog pedigree.

Just recently I have replaced a bunch of duplicate pedigrees with new dog pedigrees. These were new dogs added for a friend of mine named Mc'leod. I had gotten rid of all the duplicate pedigrees at one time except for the ones with pictures attached.

In just a short time the duplicates have now increased from members not using the system correctly. Hopefully this will soon become a minor problem. Cheers

P.S. There is a Mc'Cleod that lives in Florida that had dogs. This is not a misspelling on another dog man Mc'leod. Cheers
    You've been busy replacing duplicates with new dogs, thank you CYJ!

There are duplicates with offspring still attached, reason being when I run across duplicates it's usually a string of them. I compartmentalize the duplicates by adding "Duplicate" in front of their names. If I stop on each to hook the offspring I'll lose track of where I'm at essentially.

I go back as time allows to hook offspring but you've been doing that I see! Great team work!

Remember folks if you accidentally mess up you can fix it quite easily, just SLOW DOWN and make sure you are checking each dog's name and parents in a search before you try to enter them to make sure they are not already in the database.

S_B

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...639&styleid=14
    Mass Combine is the breeder and Union County is the owner. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    I have 3 peds that need to be deleted. I don't know why they are under "MY PEDIGREES" because I never created them.

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=59131
    http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=59135
    http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=59136
    You entered duplicate pedigrees so we have replaced the data with pedigrees that were not already in the database.

See the other post you made, I explained what you did.

S_B

Quote Originally Posted by Misfit View Post
    Stop entering peds until CYJ and myself can correct everything you've entered incorrectly.

Thanks,
    S_B

Misfit is that young pup Misfit's Lucci. If so no need to delete just correct the registered name. Those other pedigrees you or someone else had entered were duplicates and I replaced and reused them with a new dog pedigree.

Just click on the log section and you will see. Mr. Burns' is not shown as Burn's but Burns'. Some of those Burns' dogs were already in the system. Check last and first names first in the search dog section. Even the sire or dam of a dog you wish to enter. See what dogs come up. A certain dog may already be in the system.

Any duplicates with no offspring associated with your created name or any other duplicate pedigree's with no off spring can be reused by you or any member to enter a new dog of yours or there's. Cheers