Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ((( ADD PEDIGREES TO DATABASE )))

Hi I watched the video on entering a pedigree and entered 2 dogs I own that did not exist in the database. The was my OFRN dog Fernelius' Red Ruckus his sire and dam were not in the database nor the breeder info. The pedegree did not generate. The second dog was my bitch Garner's Atomic blonde dam, sire and breeder all appeared and were selected I enter my owner info in the owner data base again the pedegree did not generate. Please help me out in pretty computer savvy is Something broken or does it need your approval?

Quote Originally Posted by Nightprowler187 View Post
    Hi I watched the video on entering a pedigree and entered 2 dogs I own that did not exist in the database. The was my OFRN dog Fernelius' Red Ruckus his sire and dam were not in the database nor the breeder info. The pedegree did not generate. The second dog was my bitch Garner's Atomic blonde dam, sire and breeder all appeared and were selected I enter my owner info in the owner data base again the pedegree did not generate. Please help me out in pretty computer savvy is Something broken or does it need your approval?
    There are a few things that are possibly happening. Under the pedigrees tab there are sub-database categories which make the search function here second to none. The sub categories are the bulldog, breeding, breeder, and owner databases. So you can and should enter breeder and owner information separately (in the appropriate database) then when you build a bulldog pedigree it can be added. If you want to build the pedigree first (leave out the owner, breeder info) then add the other two later that is fine, but if you try to enter breeder and owner info but it's not in the database first it might be causing your peds to not generate!

If the sire and dam are not in the database, build the dog first (leave sire, dam empty) and work backwards...it's much easier that way

Thanks S_B

Thank you
    Last edited by Pulp Fiction; 02-04-2021 at 09:52 AM. Reason: S_B did what was requested thank you