Page 2 of 34 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: ((( ALL DATABASE UPDATES / QUESTIONS / SUGGESTIONS GO HERE )))

You're right R2L..I am talking about box dogs not show dogs. As you could see there are more "congrats" threads than "just showing" threads, and if that one dog is shown 3-5x a year, he could win DOY.

I figured that was what you meant by the DOY but I don't see a reason to have open internet acknowledgement of a box dog. Plus, even who is to say those congrat post are real? Someone could post 3-5 shows a year and not one ever really happen. Or even if they did happen who is to say that dog is a top dog that deserves DOY? Fact is unless people voting are at the show there is no way to judge two dogs against one another if we didn't see the two in action. Where everyone involve can take a look at picture and judge the animals shape and keep

Quote Originally Posted by Milky View Post
    I didn't find Thailand in the list of countrys a day ago when I was putting some dogs up, just a heads up
    Didn't see this, but thanks!

I have just added Thailand as well as the country of Bahrain ... sorry I missed this for so long ... but it is taken care of now

R2L
    Jack, so i wanted to delete a dog by replacing it with another.

How do i get rid of the pictures if i don't have any, or 5 from the other dog.

Good question, R2L.

1. Save all photos, in case they're not there for the duplicate dog.
    2. I will get back to you on this.

We are going to upgrade our add/search feature and we are also going to start rewarding people for entering in dogs. It is lame that so many of you still use PedsOnline pedigrees, when you have a 10x better database here to use. Just makes no sense, other than sheer laziness.

Why post a link to your dog on a stale database, with only 1 photo, when you can post a link to this database, with 4 photos and a video, if you want?
    Why post a link to a dog/pup to a site with no pedigree statistics, when you can post a link to a site with all the statistics you could want?
    Why post a link to a pedigree that only goes back 4 generations, when you can post a link to a pedigree that goes back 5,6,7,8,9,10-15 generations?

Makes no sense, other than the sheer laziness of those who don't feel like entering their dogs.

Well, we are going to start giving away months/years of membership here for GOOD data entry. Meaning entering your dogs, with all the information, all 4 photos, etc. Just zipping-in a bunch of no-info/no-photo dogs isn't going to count for shit; but putting in EVERYTHING is going to earn you rewards very soon (including database time, books/DVDs, Nature's Magic products, etc).

I haven't figured out what will earn what yet, but I will be thinking of this over the next day or so, as I am tired of seeing no-effort pedigrees, or PedOnline pedigrees, when the lazy asses who do this could really make their own pedigrees shine, if they just put a little effort into it

Jack

Now that is a great idea

QUICK QUESTION

I'M TRYING TO EDIT OR DELETE A POST, BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE HAPPENING.

Quote Originally Posted by bigpopdog View Post
    I'M TRYING TO EDIT OR DELETE A POST, BUT IT DOESN'T SEEM TO BE HAPPENING.

You can edit a post, but not delete a thread.

The reason I don't let members delete their own threads is because sometimes there will be big, long productive discussions ... and one guy will just wipe it out, which loses a lot of good info.

So you should be able to delete/edit your own posts, but not a whole thread.

Jack

PS: Which one are you talking about and welcome aboard

How do I post pics from an iPad?

Anybody got an answer?