Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Slat mill I built

can you post a part list for that mill...

thanks in advance

Truth buddy every dog site, google, YouTube ect... Has this info. I found that by the time you but material and put in the work you are better off just buying a new/used slat mill, use a e- mill or build a carpet mill.

The parts I used where all sourced here in Ireland, if your building just one mill for yourself I'd advise sourcing your four corner wheels and axels from a well known mill maker like HF Mills or the likes. For your roller bed it all depends what you want to achieve I stagard 2 rows on both sides of in line nylon wheels with no ball bearing, if I made another I'd splash out on ball bearing skate board or inline skate wheels. The slats I machined in my workshop and the belt I sourced from a conveyor belt company, everything else depends on the dimensions of your mill.

Nice looking mill. I have an old mill I want to refurbish but honestly since getting it back it's been sitting for months. I've also thought about building a new mill & have an experienced mill maker near. He's more known for his carpet mills but does have an understanding of slats and has built some of his own versions. Hopefully soon one way or another I'll have a functioning slat here.

Very nice work ...

Well done

Macker, is it possible to post the photos again?