Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Waccamaw line

Quote Originally Posted by State Bull View Post
    These days you have to make sure what's, what . Pure RBJ doesn't have an out it. Most of the ones I see today are off Quick, who's sire was their out G/C Ratter dog.

I liked my RBJ years prior straight with no outs. Had the pleasure of having dogs right off Yellow. People forget the Wac yard is based off the Chavis Sabre bitch. Who was heavy Yellow John, not Yellow. They took that Sabre bitch to Yellow and look what they got, a game litter with ablity. I hear some talk nonsense about their Ch.LJ dog not being a producer. I think Splitear was the real deal in box and out. But, LJ had zero Yellow in him..

I posted this question as a general one..I have no issue with that blood.. Lines like Burns, Tant throw different as does Wac. Dogs do. On the average the dogs straight off Yellow worked everything many years prior.

have pure yellow John dogs mainly gone the way of the dodo

Quote Originally Posted by Frank43 View Post
    have pure yellow John dogs mainly gone the way of the dodo
    Don't know about the dodo..lol.. It's still out there you just have to know who has it. Everyone doesn't like to be known.

I truly understand that. I know one person with it. They have had to cross it with current redboy dogs boomer and cottingham. The pup I got still has the look of yellow John. Just wondering if it's any good pure.

The Wac bitch Sabre was 43 or so percent Yellow.. And their line cares that blood... Yellow John has been dead along time.. He was put down early in life. He was only bred a few times. His kids and grandkids were some of the best off the RBJ line

Quote Originally Posted by State Bull View Post
    The Wac bitch Sabre was 43 or so percent Yellow.. And their line cares that blood... Yellow John has been dead along time.. He was put down early in life. He was only bred a few times. His kids and grandkids were some of the best off the RBJ line
    Why was he put down

Quote Originally Posted by Frank43 View Post
    Why was he put down
    He bit his owners son and was culled.

I heard yellow John was culled early. Someone still keeps dogs line bred yellow John through crews rocky mixed with Cottingham. I have a female from it. She doesn't seem like a man biter. Im the guy biggest on putting down man biters. Damn I wish there were more yellow John dogs. seems someone was able to keep the good yellow John genes and culled out the man biting side.

what kind of bite was this? grab and work a hold or snap and bite.

I had a heavy big John dog about 10 yrs ago . He was the nicest dog and at about 70 lbs. One day out of no where I tried taking him for a walk he wouldn’t let me leash him up, he growled jump me at me, it was dark out and I didn’t realize my wife walked out back to see what was going on he went after her and I hit him in the head with a shovel… cause he had her pinned . She ran inside the dog went into his outdoor kennel I culled him a few days later. It was a pretty fucken crazy less than five min he was the size of barracuda. I’m sure not all Wacc dogs are like that his sister and others who had litter mates and dogs off the other litter mates to my knowledge never had the problem.

One of my foundation dogs was half wacc dog. Most of mine don't have problems with people. Some of the bolio dogs aren't the craziest about strangers and people. Seems like they are some of the smartest and have finish. One thing I like about the Hollingsworth dogs are the temperaments. People don't think it matters. Things like work ethic and stable temperament are definitely important. My dogs have been around my neighbors. They used to give me crap for saying I'd cull man biters. When you have to deal with ac and neighbors I'd make sure my dogs had good temperaments.