Page 21 of 34 FirstFirst ... 11192021222331 ... LastLast

Thread: ((( ALL DATABASE UPDATES / QUESTIONS / SUGGESTIONS GO HERE )))

Quote Originally Posted by SGC View Post
    Are these two books not being published anymore?

I know the web site is up for sale but the books are printed on demand at LULU press. They are not showing there now and Amazon has the Pit Bull Bible for $500 and up --

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ls?ie=UTF8&me=

Ouch! I have my copy but I recommended it to someone who said they could not get it.

Seems a shame to shut down the books too since they are already written and LULU handles all the printing and shipping.

It is a shame to my wallet, too, as I sold over 30 last month.

But I told people the book would no longer be available after the new year, and it has been out since 2008, so ... snooze, you lose.

A large part of the book is on here, and I will continue to add more (including the keep) as time permits.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by Milehighmisfit View Post
    Also, I guess this means no future Vise-Grip Kennel book either Unfortunately there is only one Ca. Jack and he can only be spread so thin. Damn, I'm glad I have his old books already.
    Thank you.

Yeah, I will probably not finish the book.

When I wrote The Bible (and The Hollingsworth Dogs), I spent (literally) day and night writing them ... round the clock writing, adding photos, re-formatting them ... until I passed out ... only to wake up again and keep writing ... until I passed out ... repeat.

Same thing when I first began this Database at the end of 2011, lived and breathed its creation, and couldn't think of anything else ...

Back then, I was living and breathing these dogs 24/7 ... but I am no where near that person (with nowhere near that kind of time) anymore

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    But I told people the book would no longer be available after the new year, and it has been out since 2008, so ... snooze, you lose.

Jack
    I must have missed that info about the two books going out of print in 2016. Both are fine and useful books, even though the Pit Bull Bible was put out in 2008, the info in it is invaluable.

I would hope you might reconsider making the books available again as since they both are already written and LULU does all the printing/shipping work, so those books would not take any of your time.

I do know what a huge amount of work it takes to write a book and I am also sorry to hear you will not finish the Vise Grip book. But I understand that time moves on and our lives change...
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

I must have missed that info about the two books going out of print in 2016. Both are fine and useful books, even though the Pit Bull Bible was put out in 2008, the info in it is invaluable.

I would hope you might reconsider making the books available again as since they both are already written and LULU does all the printing/shipping work, so those books would not take any of your time.

I do know what a huge amount of work it takes to write a book and I am also sorry to hear you will not finish the Vise Grip book. But I understand that time moves on and our lives change...

I may do that ... getting a lot of requests "post mortem"

You still reserve 40 colored / numbered copies of the Hollingsworth Dogs for printing, right?

Yes, it seems a shame to have the Pit Bull Bible offered at $500 plus, why let those prices be the norm?

Since the 2 books are done and printed at LULU, you do not have to invest your time into them since it is all handled by LULU.

Hope you will make the books available again, they are both excellent and no need to let them go out of print.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Yes, it seems a shame to have the Pit Bull Bible offered at $500 plus, why let those prices be the norm?

Since the 2 books are done and printed at LULU, you do not have to invest your time into them since it is all handled by LULU.

Hope you will make the books available again, they are both excellent and no need to let them go out of print.
    Your wish has been granted

Came back to this database

Noticed on peds online that the database sold, luckily enough my iPhone still had me signed in to the page.
    I can't even remember my password to the site, can a moderator email it to me?

Also I'm a operations manager at a business and could donate a few hours a day to help this site out, I really like the ped set up but hate the fact a user can't delete pedigrees. There are several duplicate peds I've noticed some I have entered that I would love to correct without getting banned.

Yis
    Rob B. Dangerous

There is a forgot password function but you will have to log out!

Post the duplicates for review please!

Just a heads-up on the dog photo issue ... my brother is working on it now.

For whatever reason, an error is being thrown when the file is being moved to the permanent directory.

Will announce when resolved.

Jack