Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Raised/Brood Kennels

I agree with Jack on the floor. I would NEVER want a solid floor, be it plywood or anything else. I use these for my flooring https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...;pgha2215.html
    You do need to wash it out daily b/c the shit won't fall through, but it never absorbs odors or ruins

Wish I could find a synthetic 2x4

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter Kennel View Post
    I agree with Jack on the floor. I would NEVER want a solid floor, be it plywood or anything else. I use these for my flooring https://www.farmtek.com/farm/supplie...;pgha2215.html
    You do need to wash it out daily b/c the shit won't fall through, but it never absorbs odors or ruins

NQK, they do have composite 2x4's and deck boards @ Home Depot or Lowes. I thought about that to, it's a good idea. I don't think they are near as absorbent as real wood or even treated wood.

My only reservation is what exactly is it? It says recycled materials.....and what chemicals did they use to bind the material together? If a dog chews and ingested it then what?

S_B

Quote Originally Posted by S_B View Post
    NQK, they do have composite 2x4's and deck boards @ Home Depot or Lowes. I thought about that to, it's a good idea. I don't think they are near as absorbent as real wood or even treated wood.

My only reservation is what exactly is it? It says recycled materials.....and what chemicals did they use to bind the material together? If a dog chews and ingested it then what?

S_B
    I was thinking composite 2x4 would be a good way to go.

how are those on the dogs feet? i like the look of those

Guys, when considering these building materials, you can find some comfort in the fact that most of this stuff has to be approved for children, playgrounds and crap like that. Therefore, it SHOULD BE (no guarantee) safe for any animals.
    I would trust that stuff 100% myself and could very well use it next time.

Guys, when considering these building materials, you can find some comfort in the fact that most of this stuff has to be approved for children, playgrounds and crap like that. Therefore, it SHOULD BE (no guarantee) safe for any animals.
    I would trust that stuff 100% myself and could very well use it next time.
    But kids aren't going to sit there and chew, shred and eat a deck board.....just sayin.
    It is something to consider I believe.

S_B

True - but if a kid did do that, it would have to pass that test or the liability that would come from that would ruin a business.

I believe, 100% that this stuff we are talking about is completely safe for dogs.

Bump for 2020!! Anyone got pictures or blueprint for above ground pens?!?