Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: DIARRHEA

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter Kennel View Post
    This is a dog that belongs to someone else. He claims the dog got the freakin runs about 6 weeks before I ever picked him up. He looks like shit. He's a walking skeleton. He said he run about every worming protocol through the dog with no luck.

SO, I offered to take it on to see if I could help the dog. I started with cleaning him up, I termidor'd him (frontline), hit him with droncit.
    Then, I followed the protocol Jack lined out with the Pyrantal and Fenbendizol. No change.
    He was raised on subpar kibble with meat scraps and supplements.
    He has had nothing but boiled right and cooked chicken for the past, almost, two weeks I've had him.
    He doesn't have "loose" stool, he has a thin pancake batter stool. Just spreads out thin like a pancake batter. Got a yellowish brown color to it.
    I started him on the TMZ and Metron yesterday.
    He's had immodium twice daily as well as antibiotics the first entire week I had him.

He looks better now. His coat is better, he's shinier, he acts incredibly good for a dog in his condition. He just looks like shit and cannot form a turd.

I think that's about all the info I can think of. If you got ideas, throw em my way.
    If he don't clear up after this treatment, I'll take him in to get him looked at.
    Give that corrid a try ,I have had the same thing happen .corrid worked for me .

Quote Originally Posted by waccamaw View Post
    My advice is dont eat the pancakes(LOL)
    No shit.....pun intended.
    After I run this TMZ treatment through him, I'll give the corrid a try if he's still bad off.

You can wait to long ,I would give it now ,when the liner of the intestine is gone he will bleed out .been there done that ,.

If you don't see a change in his stool within 24 hrs,the meds that are giving him are not the meds for the job .hold his feed but keep his fluids to him .

You can also get a fecal exam done .could be a severe case of whip worms

You can also get a fecal exam done .could be a severe case of whip worms
    That is why I recommended the pyrantel + fenbendazole ... to get worms too (if any).

There is no literature, anywhere, that supports the idea that corid gets rid of any species of worm, let alone whips.

Jack

My advice is dont eat the pancakes(LOL)

Not to be funny NQK, I always worm any new dog on the yard. I have gotten dogs from people who claim to worm their dogs on a regular basis but the dog still has worms. Also give the dog a high-protein feed (not so high as to cause kidney failure). Take him to the vet immediately or you might come home to a tragedy. The owner may blame you for the loss. This is just my opinion but do what you can and if that don't work, take him back.

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter Kennel View Post
    This is a dog that belongs to someone else. He claims the dog got the freakin runs about 6 weeks before I ever picked him up. He looks like shit. He's a walking skeleton. He said he run about every worming protocol through the dog with no luck.

SO, I offered to take it on to see if I could help the dog. I started with cleaning him up, I termidor'd him (frontline), hit him with droncit.
    Then, I followed the protocol Jack lined out with the Pyrantal and Fenbendizol. No change.
    He was raised on subpar kibble with meat scraps and supplements.
    He has had nothing but boiled right and cooked chicken for the past, almost, two weeks I've had him.
    He doesn't have "loose" stool, he has a thin pancake batter stool. Just spreads out thin like a pancake batter. Got a yellowish brown color to it.
    I started him on the TMZ and Metron yesterday.
    He's had immodium twice daily as well as antibiotics the first entire week I had him.

He looks better now. His coat is better, he's shinier, he acts incredibly good for a dog in his condition. He just looks like shit and cannot form a turd.

I think that's about all the info I can think of. If you got ideas, throw em my way.
    If he don't clear up after this treatment, I'll take him in to get him looked at.

The TMZ/Metro should do the trick ... I hope ... has he also had the simple rice/chicken change to his diet?

Good luck!

Jack

I don't for a second believe that enzymes are a solution to your problem but I bet he could use some to help process his meals and get some nutrition if he is lookin thin. I hope all turns out well for you.
    Cheers