Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: GUT FAT!!!

R2L
    Hey nash, pups to to 18 months "should" get 40 to 60 grams a kilo body weight of this food. Adults 20 to 30. Since this dog is 19 kg. It should get almost a minimum of 800 gr's, which i never really look at tho. I a look at the dog, but obviously should get more then a full grown dog. My adult dog from around the same weight also gets 400 gr's a day and loses weight.

yes it shows halfway of an hour free running.

As i said, every dog is different, so when you hold him to the prescribed amount to feed and his bodyweight is going up, up, up. And you keep feeding him what he should get cause it's prescribed... Guess what ? Overweight dog mate. Try to use what you see in the dog more than what feeders prescribe.

18 month old pup ? Well i understand.

You don't know a 100% it's gut fat causing the problem, I don't know what else it could be except for the dog running hot in a short period of activity. A half hour of the leash running should never cause too much problems, tho it's a young pup still and i don't know how wild he is in play. If you got an A.D.D. case he might just overwork himself in of the leash play. Whatever you do have patience with him...

R2L
    yes thats what i said, i look at the dog
    loosing fat with giving less of a complete meal means less of all nutrients. thats why i dont want to give him less then 600 gr cause he's still growing, nor work him to much. like i mentioned its probably caused becuase they been fed up to a kilo when it was -10 to -20 as 4 months olds

he's very wild yes, and the times i see it he's running hot because of the sun.(black) in combination with his wild play. not that he slows down after ...lol
    it's not a problem, just want to know how to lose the gut fat best.

thx

loosing fat with giving less of a complete meal means less of all nutrients.
    Look at it another way. I have fed the other so called complete meal also we talked about before. I had to give 1/2 times more than i was feeding the carnibest.
    I'm sure the same nutritional value can be given with less than 600 grams. Lets say it would be even, cause a chicken quarter is already like 500 grams. You can cut out the rice, ad oils, fresh greens, and do a tripe or fish day ...

Man, i sound like Jehovah witness right now trying to convince a brother to BELIEVE !

In a pre keep I mix 1 cup of Apple cider vinegar to 5 gallons of water, this is his/her drinking water for three days, then I use regular water for three days, then back to vinegar water for three days after the second 3 Days of vinegar water he just gets regular water from then on, Vinegar water is amazing at burning gut fat, and has lots of other health benefits too, hope this helps

Tobias, could you show some evidence that vinegar water is amazing at burning "gut fat"?

The mythical gut fat is fat surround the internal organs, and I'm sorry to tell everyone, but you can't get rid of that protective layer of fat around the organs.

One last thing. Dogs foam at the mouth because they sweat through the respiratory tract. The froth has nothing to do with fat.

R2L
    Basically you are saying the whole term "getting the gut fat out" is a myth?

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPaws View Post
    Tobias, could you show some evidence that vinegar water is amazing at burning "gut fat"?

The mythical gut fat is fat surround the internal organs, and I'm sorry to tell everyone, but you can't get rid of that protective layer of fat around the organs.

One last thing. Dogs foam at the mouth because they sweat through the respiratory tract. The froth has nothing to do with fat.
    Thanks for that post frosty. I agree with that entire post 100%

Dog or human, calories in minus calories burned = storage of fat if a surplus, or burning stored fat for energy for whatever is necessary

Um, exactly.

Fat doesn't "burn" locally (at specific locations) ... fat is either reduced globally (all over the body) ... or it is added globally ... based on (exactly) calories-in versus calories-out.

A classic human idiocy is doing sit-ups to burn fat "on the stomach."

The sit ups may be burning calories, but all over the body not just the stomach. The stomach may get harder from the work, but any "fat-burning" is happening all over, not just on the stomach. Still, there will be no fat-burning at all if the person is eating more calories than they burn.

Jack