My response was not to lessen any of what he did. I did not know the man. I'm strictly talking dogs.

People within the dog community are pretty much a cross section of society. If there are issues in society, odds are they within every community, dogs included. Unfortunately there are more people doing bad things and not getting caught, than the ones that do get caught.

That subject is horrible but it hits really close to home. I have a really good friend who invited me, my wife and son to Disney Land on his in-laws time share. Gas and food from NC to FL was my only cost for 6 days. We stayed in a huge place and his in laws stayed in the adjoining studio apartment. They were great people. We enjoyed our time. Stayed in contact with his in laws for a number of years. Never in a million years would I have thought what had happened.

The father in law had molested his daughters and grand daughters for a lot of years. He got caught with his grand daughter. His son beat him just about to death. He got locked up for a bunch of years. As far as I know he is still in prison now. It ruined many lives. His wife of 30 plus years died an agonizing death because of it. Families ruined, good families, the girls turn to dope and shitty lives while the boys seemed to fair much better.

The sentencing was one of those times that should have been a movie line. The opposite side of the family spoke. A grandfather. He said to the other, in so many words. " I would like to thank you for saving my life. I have been a heavy smoker and drinker since my teens. I have always had cholesterol, sugar and blood pressure issues. Since this has happened I have quit all my bad habits and I am now walking 5-7 miles per day. I am eating right and my medication is minimized. I owe all that to you. Now, I am going to live long enough to blow your motherfucking brains out the day they turn you out".

So I have seen the effects of what that does, from the outside looking in, but still I have seen what it does to a family.

I was not trying to lessen the issue, just meaning for me, it is about the dogs.

EWO

Quote Originally Posted by EWO View Post
He has answered to his maker for all of that. I'm talking dogs.

EWO