Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Starting young

Ok I'm sorry if i offended you. That wasn't the point. Might just been the picture. Shes a fine looking pup. I like those crazy pups too. In a perfect world I would like mine to be pups until 18 months of age. Then they could be all serious. LOL Again good luck with her although luck has nothing to do with it

Good lookin pup OGDOGG, looks nice and solid

Boy she sure looks like Screaming Icon/Screaming Banshee

Thanks for the compliments fellas. Yes Jack, she does look like Screaming Icon, she even stalk and gets low in the grass like him. Her and one of her other sister are super pups. They have unbelieveable strength, speed and athleticism.[IMG]BB URL IMG CODE: [/IMG]

The genetic uniformity of those dogs (and most Screamer-based dogs) is amazing.

Here's Baby Blonka running with his toy, and tugging on the hide. He get so crazy on the hide he'll try to bite every object around him if he can't get to it.

Lookers both of them!

Quote Originally Posted by skipper View Post
    Ok I'm sorry if i offended you. That wasn't the point. Might just been the picture. Shes a fine looking pup. I like those crazy pups too. In a perfect world I would like mine to be pups until 18 months of age. Then they could be all serious. LOL Again good luck with her although luck has nothing to do with it
    You didn't, just call it like how you see it. Im open to all suggestions anyone give me. Im never too old to learn from others.
    Lookers both of them! Thanks

Skipper you mentioned that you would rather have your pups grow up to about 18 months old then they could be serious all they want. So what happens if they don't turn out? Wouldn't that be a waste of time and money raising them just to find out they wouldnt start up? I know some will start later in their life and when they do they become some of the best. But let's say at 18 months of age, they won't start, how many more months are you willing to give them? Ive had dogs who knew exactly what to do @ 16-18 months of age who grew up doing nothing but being puppies. So yeah it'll turn out that way sometimes. But I also had pups who also didn't want to start early and later around 16-18 months never started period. So it goes both ways. That is the reason why I decided to go with my current plan, keeping hot pups(early starters) with high prey drive and continue breeding for that trait. So far I like how these are turning out.