Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: I know it's no piece of cake but..... Build your own mill. Here's why....

How do you get ahold of one? Never seen one advertised anywhere but hear folks talkin about them all the damn time
    Quote Originally Posted by erik440 View Post
    Pit pro has some for sale at reasonable prices

I had an RP mill a few yr ago & although it looked & ran ok,i was not overly impressed. Seen another,which was not as clever as mine,with different wheels. I remember he had a forum & there was a few complaints. One complaint of not recieving the mill led to RP scanning the shipping reciept & putting the picture up on the forum.......along with the mans name & address !!
    Am i right in thinking R Lemms family build mills to the same specs as he did ?
    There was also a mill made in Ireland a few yr ago which i was impressed with,bit he stopped making them.
    Maybe a good,solid second hand mill would be the way to go,at an affordable price.

So far so good

Only thing left is the belt, springs, paint, and a lil chain.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	143.9 KB 
ID:	336   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	160 
Size:	146.0 KB 
ID:	335  

Looks good, Wise

Thanks milky, just wish had more time to spend finishing it ya know, it's always like...a lil here...a lil there... Slowly but surely. Not lucky enough to have the set up and tools to bang it out!

What size are the roller blade wheels?

wise, your mill looks very nice, .

but I will add that the cross bar that holds the chain looks a bit to near the end / front of mill, its always best to put a " tack weld " in place on each corner of the tuber steel when your making or doing your first project. a few of my mills the cross bar is near the center, be nice when its finished.

Thanks old timer, I moved it towards the back of my mill for this first one since I like to bait em with the flirt and other stuff sometimes they get wild! My next design has it sitting more towards the middle so I will see what's what but thanks for the feedback always appreciated.