Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Best pure red boy blood out there?

@ToTheDogs are you speaking of Pit Islands red boy Boomer dogs? Enlighten us please as I often hear mixed reviews on them.

Quote Originally Posted by splash747 View Post
    I like Deacon as well.
    got a ?, if Yellow Johns' not a Redboy dog what would you suspect his lineage to be, just a conversation piece.
    Gr Ch Yellow=Hemphill/Mayfield cross, Gr Ch Mayday=Hemphill/Mayfield x Hollingsworth? that he may have been a Hemphill descendant has been kicked about from time to time about him and his supposed sire (although I think CYJ has dispelled that rumor to some degree)...any other possibilities or maybe even facts to dispute his ancestry? I know this late in the game we ride, what we ride regardless.
    The information I got in regards to Yellow John NOT being a Redboy dog came from a man that was friends with Fletcher for many years. The dog came from Jake Wilder not Hemphill. There's a picture with the dog on it, and on the back is a hand written note that says, "Sent to Carolina. Now known as Yellow John." Now, people can call Yellow John a Redboy dog if they want, but that picture along with confirmation from the other individual, tells ME what I need to know. There are people alive that know how the dog is bred. Whether they will tell the truth or not is up to them.

As to why, Bass put the stiffler to Fletcher over some breeding, so Fletcher fought fire with fire, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I've never seen a Mims dog I liked, Redboy or otherwise. Hunter Red overpowered most of what he was bred to so badly that a lot of them turned out to be like him, it didn't matter if it was only 1/4 Hunter in there. I never saw any Britches type dogs, and wish I would've. I liked the Cottingham dogs I've seen for the most part.

Yes, I'm speaking of Sami The Arab's Boomer. I have seen a couple directly off him (Pure) and I have seen some crossed. The pure ones were real rough, durable dogs. The crossed ones were far superior in every aspect..

I have a nice Boomer bred bitch, but I think that hunter red and deacon stuff is what makes them boomer dogs click like that (pit stops red)too. I am waiting for her to come in heat so can breed her to this Cottingham semen. Hopefully something good comes out of it.

The Mims strain of the Redboy is by far my favorite. During one stretch he had three pure studs Spiffy, Punch and Jiggs. All three consistently delivered their own set of traits to their offspring. During that same stretch there were two bitches Lucky and Rainbow that were Snooty/Bolio and Bolio/Snooty. These blends made some fine dogs.Between these three dogs the "50%/25%/25%" dogs seemed to be the best.
    Plus the dogs came from a man with over fifty maybe sixty years tied to these dogs. I spoke with him on the phone a few months ago and a quick registry (by far the best registry on the planet) question turned into a near two hour conversation. I pulled over on the side of the highway as not to miss anything he dropped. Huge fan of the Mims redboy dogs. EWO

Quote Originally Posted by EWO View Post
    The Mims strain of the Redboy is by far my favorite. During one stretch he had three pure studs Spiffy, Punch and Jiggs. All three consistently delivered their own set of traits to their offspring. During that same stretch there were two bitches Lucky and Rainbow that were Snooty/Bolio and Bolio/Snooty. These blends made some fine dogs.Between these three dogs the "50%/25%/25%" dogs seemed to be the best.
    Plus the dogs came from a man with over fifty maybe sixty years tied to these dogs. I spoke with him on the phone a few months ago and a quick registry (by far the best registry on the planet) question turned into a near two hour conversation. I pulled over on the side of the highway as not to miss anything he dropped. Huge fan of the Mims redboy dogs. EWO
    Right ! How can U not like that mims line that line is bred tight as hell ( even if i my self i feel battle cross dogs work just as good if not better somtimes) that strain crosses well with other lines the dogs look great and act great his kennel club is very well respected world wide and that redboy line has stood the test of time and still going like u sad EWO. But to each is own!

Quote Originally Posted by FrostyPaws View Post
    The information I got in regards to Yellow John NOT being a Redboy dog came from a man that was friends with Fletcher for many years. The dog came from Jake Wilder not Hemphill. There's a picture with the dog on it, and on the back is a hand written note that says, "Sent to Carolina. Now known as Yellow John." Now, people can call Yellow John a Redboy dog if they want, but that picture along with confirmation from the other individual, tells ME what I need to know. There are people alive that know how the dog is bred. Whether they will tell the truth or not is up to them.

As to why, Bass put the stiffler to Fletcher over some breeding, so Fletcher fought fire with fire, and the rest, as they say, is history.

I've never seen a Mims dog I liked, Redboy or otherwise. Hunter Red overpowered most of what he was bred to so badly that a lot of them turned out to be like him, it didn't matter if it was only 1/4 Hunter in there. I never saw any Britches type dogs, and wish I would've. I liked the Cottingham dogs I've seen for the most part.

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=307640
    seems to have worked well together...

http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...?dog_id=274806
    ...my attempt, we'll see one day

with the various strains coming down from Red Boy, popularity has given us much to choose from...choose wisely and be honest to yourself. one of our best and everything a Bulldog should be...
    http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=12851
    a real "charge" here as well...
    http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=12850

Jack weigh in on this man!

I have a male and female pure redboy from mim's MIM'S SMOKEY THATS THE MALE THEN THE FEMALE IS MIM'S AMBER ANNIE AND HAVE ONE OFF OF RAINBOW JUST SOME I HAVE THANKS TJ

Quote Originally Posted by realpitsnobull View Post
    I have heard good things from the yellow , but the mims line deserves a shoot out from the kittens , marlowes good game dogs and producing http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com...e&dog_id=84137 its crossed with a bit of snooty this line the real thing !! http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=16071
    Good looking dog