Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Hot litters

Quote Originally Posted by No Quarter Kennel View Post
    Some of the earliest starters are aces. Some are curs. Fuck its bulldog 101. The more you know about your blood the more you can bank on certain things. However, early behavior is more times indicative of later behavior more times than not
    LOL That's your opinion and you've made that clear. Why get worked up when others have a different opinion? Fuck. LOL

If I'm looking at a good or hot litter just give me a pup...lol its left up to me to develop.the pup...I don't understand the unsociable type ..they're bulldogs all in all. Maybe he just has to be separated. For me what I see are the variables in between the time the pup is being developed.

Hot pups don't mean he or she will have the talent or skills to win.!!!

I consider anything under 1 year a pup. If they decide at a young age to be separated, well you have to respect the game...and develop the talent!

I refer to them as puppies for much longer. And it is a bonus plan when they will live together for a little extra time. I don't put a lot of stock in it in the long term but it does give the warm fuzzies to see them fire up early on.

The last litter I had was fine til the last two were together. Three and four in the pen all was fine. Down to two and it looked like both were trying to establish themselves. 12 weeks and they were taking hold like grown dogs with bad intentions. Stayed mad for a long time after they were separated. The male has been 'grown' since then, or at least he acts that way.

EWO

After a year I call them yearlings, still puppies IMO

regardless of the breed i'm working with , I've always believe in the old adage that " the good ones shine early" ,personally i like early starters, obviously thats not to say they'll turn out any better than others but its nice to know you have one that will work, though of course you need the common sense to hold it back. i kept 3 out of a recent litter at 12 weeks old the most reserved male damaged the other two so severely, that they had to be pts, i'm wasnt very happy about losing two pups but i'm damned pleased to have him.

Out of the 6 I have 2 had to be completely taken away from the rest and placed on chain. The female I have gets alone with none of them,she seems to dislike them all after a few seconds... The three males left in the pen get alone so so...the problem now is they double team the black pup...they for some reason all hate him....guess he is the black sheep so to speak...though he is the instigator.. Its time to separate them all...1 o'clock 3 o'clock 6 o'clock they are at it....sleep all day in the heat...i look at them being just pups but getting older.
    Its been fun watching them grow I have to admit...I don't know what all this means ...they are just pups right now...

Out of the 6 I have 2 had to be completely taken away from the rest and placed on chain. The female I have gets alone with none of them,she seems to dislike them all after a few seconds... The three males left in the pen get alone so so...the problem now is they double team the black pup...they for some reason all hate him....guess he is the black sheep so to speak...though he is the instigator.. Its time to separate them all...1 o'clock 3 o'clock 6 o'clock they are at it....sleep all day in the heat...i look at them being just pups but getting older.
    Its been fun watching them grow I have to admit...I don't know what all this means ...they are just pups right now...

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
    Don't wait too long to separate them...

An old terrier man told me a long time ago, "kennel three, bury one..." of course he was talking about working terriers but it is the same idea.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.