Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Looking for a different kibble.

The Exclusive red bag ( chicken & brown rice adult formula) is good feed. It's like Victor in that you can only buy it at mom & pop feed stores. The big chain stores can't sale it.

I've been feeding Victor for a few years but recently switched to Fromm. It's a very high grade kibble with both quality and safety in mind. Everything in the bag is nutritious and healthy for your dogs. A little pricey but worth it IMO.

https://frommfamily.com/

Looked into valu pak but with meat by-products I wouldnt put that into my dogs

I am also feeding the FROMM kibble and am happy with the results. It's been a good kibble for a long time, I fed it some years ago and recently went back to it. I never liked the trends of "grain free" and "high protein" in kibbles. Recent research has shown that grain free, especially those with a high pea content is causing heart problems in dogs. And high protein kibbles (over 30%) are not so healthy for the dogs and can lead to kidney issues.

I like to see some grain in a kibble, with a decent amount of meat. Not corn nor wheat nor sorghum, but rice or oats of some type. For most grown dogs 24% to about 28% protein in a dry food is fine. I also supplement with chicken thighs or quarters from the grocery store. And I add salmon oil and coconut oil, those are excellent for any dog.

The FROMM Puppy Gold is the kibble I feed now --

https://frommfamily.com/products/dog...ry/#puppy-gold

It has 27% protein and 18% fat, with chicken, fish meal, oats, barley and rice in it. Even my dog with the more sensitive stomach does well on it. I like the ingredients a little better than the Adult version, but they are similar. Wish I could still get venison from hunters, but all my hunting friends are too old now and don't hunt. It's deer season now and that's some good eating for man and beast…
    Common sense isn't so common these days.