Page 5 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Redboy / jocko has made more dead game dogs !

I do understand what you're saying ... but (for example) at 10 generations, Poncho is 15% Dibo ... and Big John is 0% Dibo ...

But at 14 generations Big John is 7% Dibo ... so Poncho and Big John (at vastly different points in their pedigrees) do share Dibo a bit ... but that doesn't mean they are even remotely related.

Hope this makes sense.

But any way that was a fun topic ,time to move on .we starting to act like that other board had to catch myself.

Lol, true.

It's kinda fascinating how many dogs share distant relatives ... but then branch off in so many directions.

Butcher Boy, Bolio, and Boomerang have many common ancestors. Tombstone too. Yet they each carry different traits.

I don't know the RB dogs as well, but there's a lot of Colby ties if I remember right ... into Loposay, as you mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    Lol, true.

It's kinda fascinating how many dogs share distant relatives ... but then branch off in so many directions.

Butcher Boy, Bolio, and Boomerang have many common ancestors. Tombstone too. Yet they each carry different traits.

I don't know the RB dogs as well, but there's a lot of Colby ties if I remember right ... into Loposay, as you mentioned.
    I would say most can trace back to Colby

In each line it comes down to the breeder ,as what trait he is trying to master .if a man has enough time in life he can breed just about any trait .if he is strict and has common sense.in his breeding practice .

Like all Eli are not heavy mouth depends on the breeder

They can all trace their ancestors back to monkeys anyway or is that us.

Quote Originally Posted by waccamaw View Post
    In each line it comes down to the breeder ,as what trait he is trying to master .if a man has enough time in life he can breed just about any trait .if he is strict and has common sense.in his breeding practice .
    I would agree with that.

Wolves are the same. Coyotes are the same. Dogs would be the same if it were not for the fact dogs are bred by people and those dogs use nature as a guide. Dibo, Poncho, Bolio, Bullet are all 'related' in the sense they are all pit bulldogs and at some point the pedigrees/ancestry would inevitably cross paths. The reason there is more uniformity in the Wolf population is there is no man to pick and choose what traits to breed for, or heck, some even choose by color.

Same reason Waccamaw RBJ dogs can be different from Tant's RBJ dogs. Lots of shared family members but can be different dogs altogether. Same with the Red Boy dogs. They can all be Red Boy dogs but the different breeders breeding for different reasons make different dogs.

With that said, and it is only a personal opinion, with it and $.75 you might be able to buy a soft drink, once a breeder sells a dog it is the first step in that dog no longer being a part of the original breeder's line. The second owner will not make all the same decisions, raise the same way, school the same way, cull the same way and in the end breed the same way. If I buy two Waccamaw dogs and breed them based on what I am looking for then they revert back to being RBJ dogs more so than Waccamaw RBJ dogs. Same with any other line, because in fact, that is how the lines are created. Every line has to start somewhere and if all the 'somewheres' are traced back, eventually they will connect.

Great topic. And even better opening line. I didn't really care about the facts or statistics, or even the opinions, it was a really cool wording. EWO

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    Lol, true.

Quote Originally Posted by waccamaw View Post
    Hoe was not the dog butch was told he was ,but that dog beside my name ch big John now that was one more bad ass he would flat eat a hog ,i got a dog right now named solo ( the cannibal) ,just like him.only thing is I can't hunt him with bay dogs ,he eats anything with four legs .i might have to have him put down being I can't hunt him with bay dogs .he ate 3 of em.
    I'II take him off your hands.