View Poll Results: Balkan rules OR Cajun rules?

Voters
50. You may not vote on this poll
  • Balkan rules (1-2-3)

2 4.00%
  • Cajun rules

48 96.00%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Balkan Rules vs Cajun Rules

Balkan Dogs

I have saw this discussion come up a time or two and I would like to hear peoples opinions on the Balkan and Russian dogs.I wonder why is it thier matches last so long? Also I wonder how you feel about the quality of thier dogs ?Also wonder about thier rules compared to Cajun rules if you feel thier is any advantages or disadvanges either way ?

Reason they r so long is because you need a 3 sec count for a handle. http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...ghlight=balkan

I know this is an old thread, but today someone asked why a person would get a dog from someone not local paper hangers etc etc. One reason to me was there’s some level of quality control if people are competing fast lane, but the other question. To me it seems you get a different dog from Cajun rules than if the people around you are just off the chain role to death types. For some reason I don’t trust dogs like that the same. Do you think Cajun rules builds a better more stable dog?

Frank43, I absolutely think you get better dogs by following Cajun rules. Part of it is because the rules are specifically designed to select for better dogs, and part of it is that people who are serious enough to employ the rules are generally better dogmen.

Quote Originally Posted by IWK View Post
    Frank43, I absolutely think you get better dogs by following Cajun rules. Part of it is because the rules are specifically designed to select for better dogs, and part of it is that people who are serious enough to employ the rules are generally better dogmen.
    Wonderful post!!!
    Creek Bottom

I think it selects indirectly for dogs that want to please and work for their owner. To win in the fastlane takes some conditioning. A dog has to bond with a person do put the work in. I don’t think the stay on a chain and roll to the death type dogs are the same. Seems like it’s a less selective process.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank43 View Post
    I think it selects indirectly for dogs that want to please and work for their owner. To win in the fastlane takes some conditioning. A dog has to bond with a person do put the work in. I don’t think the stay on a chain and roll to the death type dogs are the same. Seems like it’s a less selective process.
    Well put.