Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Great dog with no papers

Ditto Ceasar. Why today you see so many breeding's that are flopping. Then there is one that nicks and the whole litter are very good to great dogs. Then instead of that person making this breeding as much as possible. Start adding another super stud etc. into the successful breeding of the original sire and dam. Nine out of ten times nothing clicks.

There is a pedigree on here that I entered of a bitch dog's pedigree that was bred to one of the V.J.'s later bloodlines. Was one of those hot nicks that throwed some good dogs. Looking at the first five generations. This female appeared to be scattered bred. Went to the 14th generation showed this dog to be around three quarter's red/ red nose Hemphill- Corvino-Red Devil and a quarter Tudor's Dibo.

I asked this fellow how many times did they repeat the breeding. Answer was only that time. Guy got busted and this bitch dog died on the chain behind a hog pen from lack of water and feed.

So pedigrees are sometimes not every thing unless you and the breeder know the right breeding. Chose to keep it private. Those who have good dogs with a correct pedigree, at least up to the fourth generation. Have a better chance of keeping a good bloodline going. Cheers
    Last edited by CYJ; 11-14-2020 at 08:16 AM.

Agreed CYJ

Man I hate these stories of dogs dying on the chain due to lack of feed, water or shelter
    Good dogs or not gives me a real bad case of the Red Ass.

Good dog a good dog period what where they before the paperwork

We had a few very good dogs that we kept in the 70's..We bred them to.dogs without papers, but never to our other dogs.

Pass. Find something that works with what I'm doing. Scatterbred dogs waste of feed in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by Frank43 View Post
    Pass. Find something that works with what I'm doing. Scattered dogs waste of feed in the long run.
    I agree. Scatter bred dogs do not produce a sustainable line! That's been proven time after time. You have to have uniformity in the gene pool.