Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wheat germ oil.

Wheat germ oil.

I want to share a source for pure to goodness wheat germ oil. I used to buy it at my local farm store years ago thinking I was getting pure wheat germ oil. Little did I know it was blended with some other unfavorable oil. This stuff I'm posting is a really good price and it's pure. I feed it and like it.

https://www.valleyvet.com/ct_detail....84894773845906

Blade I bought this recently.... Good quality oil for sure.

How much of this do you give?

I feed salmon oil and coconut oil, those are high in omega 3. What does wheat germ oil add to a dog's health? I've not used it, just curious. I remember flax seed oil was recommended yrs ago but I don't hear about it these days.
    Common sense isn't so common these days.

Vitamin E. It's used to increase sperm count. I believe I found my answer by searching other threads.

I JUST ORDERED SOME YESTERDAY, SHOULD BE HERE MON/TUES SO AFTER A MONTH I WILL GIVE MY FEEDBACK ON IT .

I use it in my brood digs , especially older ones. It makes a huge difference and has worked great for me as long as it's pure and cold pressed

I've fed that Rex 100% Wheat Germ Oil before as well, Recently I been feeding "Wheat Germ Oil 100 Softgels By Now Foods". I found the Softgels were easier to keep and maintain then squirts or measuring oil out. I do believe the Rex brand is probably a higher grade but I am unsure. I've also heard to cycle the oils as well and to not feed one oil for a long time, any truth or research to this?

The best way to use plant based oils is to add raw green tripe to the diet. The dogs are not really designed to digest/assimilate plant matter. The tripe has the enzymes of a ruminant animal and will help break down plant matter.

It will make your choice of oils more efficient and more effective.

EWO

Quote Originally Posted by EWO View Post
    The best way to use plant based oils is to add raw green tripe to the diet. The dogs are not really designed to digest/assimilate plant matter. The tripe has the enzymes of a ruminant animal and will help break down plant matter.

It will make your choice of oils more efficient and more effective.

EWO
    Quote Originally Posted by bigpopdog View Post
    I JUST ORDERED SOME YESTERDAY, SHOULD BE HERE MON/TUES SO AFTER A MONTH I WILL GIVE MY FEEDBACK ON IT .