Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ((( BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS )))

Embarrassed ((( BIGGEST DISAPPOINTMENTS )))

Post breedings that you did ... for which you had TRULY HIGH HOPES ... but which ultimately proved to be your biggest disappointments. Here is one of mine:

Avila's Ouch was a well-tested, extremely athletic, game dog (who produced Ch Vengence and Sillverback, two super-high-ability, game dogs);
    Baystate's Crawler literally earned her name and was a littermate sister to Gr Ch Grip and Ch Layla.

Unfortunately, of the puppies that lived, Mr. Crowley proved to be a high-ability cur, and his sister Black Gold never cranked on ...

Truly high hopes ... truly promising ability ... truly disappointing

Jack

PS: Who else has had some big hopes turn out to be duds

I guess no one else has had any shitty, totally disappointing breedings ... so I will post another one of mine

Both parents were as game as live dogs get ...
    Both parents were permanently disfigured in their testing ...
    Both parents were bred down from absolutely game, absolutely proven parents ... grandparents ... and great-grandparents ...

And yet the litter created by them sucked anyway

Jack

Haha, fuck we all had disappointing breedings. The dogs aren't in this database so i will just call em by their bloodlines. Had a hard tested Vili/ Eli bitch. Bred her to a 2xw Bolio tombstone dog that proved his quality and gameness. After the litter was born the bitch lost DG to a CH. Pups looked awesome in first schoolings. But then the problems started. 1 was a bad bad manbiter. second lost all hardware due to being a hard keeper. a third quit in 26 minutes. Man i was done!

It's good to go in with no hopes or expectations. Breedings are a crap shoot no matter if they are repeat of an already successful litter or a first litter.
    Litter I just combed through was mostly cut down due to hyperplasias in the bitches, dogs not starting, chain fighting, and just being raggedy. Was I disappointed? Nope. Had no expectations going into it. Wanted the dogs bred thinking it'd continue their abilities. Was it a total waste? Not so far, cuz I still got that one I think is special.

Moral of the story.... Don't get your hopes up and you can't be disappointed.

LOL i like that motto Steely.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelyDan View Post
    It's good to go in with no hopes or expectations. Breedings are a crap shoot no matter if they are repeat of an already successful litter or a first litter.
    Litter I just combed through was mostly cut down due to hyperplasias in the bitches, dogs not starting, chain fighting, and just being raggedy. Was I disappointed? Nope. Had no expectations going into it. Wanted the dogs bred thinking it'd continue their abilities. Was it a total waste? Not so far, cuz I still got that one I think is special.

Moral of the story.... Don't get your hopes up and you can't be disappointed.

LMAO, whoever said I "can't" be disappointed?

But the fact is, I am usually not disappointed and usually get what I want when I breed my dogs.

Honestly, if breeding is still a "crapshoot" to you, then you simply suck at breeding
    Crapshooting = using blood you're not familiar with or using blood that sucks and is inconsistent.

Knowing what you're doing = breeding blood you know and can reliably and consistently produce game dogs with.

Hell, I can name 20 breedings that produced mostly game badass dogs for every 1 breeding I did that did not.
    So, again, if breeding is a big mystery to you, and you usually get shit, then you simply don't know what you're doing as a breeder.
    And I promise you that I have made more breedings than you, so I don't need to be "schooled" on any aspect of breeding.

Being a successful breeder, I am not "used to" getting shit when I breed dogs. I am used to producing game, badass dogs.

That said, I would actually agree with you that the Ouch x Crawler breeding was a crapshoot, because I hadn't really bred Ouch before, and I never had fiddled with that other blood before.
    So I really was "crapshooting" with that one, by breeding dogs I had no idea about at the time.

But the Pup Pup x Super Red breeding was a legit shock to me ... as I made every single breeding behind those dogs, for multiple-generations deep, where every breeding behind them produced DEAD GAME, BADASS, WINNING DOGS ... literally IN EVERY GENERATION BEHIND THOSE TWO ... and yet for some reason those two animals mixed together just didn't work out.

Still scratching my head on that one.

And that was the gist of my post: how many successful breeders made a breeding that they really thought was going to be something ... but it wasn't?

Jack

PS: In hindsight, the reason was Pup Pup. He just did not produce well. Don't know why either.
    Super Red produced game dogs bred to another dog of mine, whereas Pup Pup produced dogs that disappointed pretty much in every breeding I made with him.

Jack.

Thats great your such a successful breeder. Congratulations.

Your right i just started breeding. Just got done going through my very first litter. Gotta start somewhere.

In no way was i trying to school you. This is an open topic and i chimed in. Since i only got my one litter i bred, of age, so far. Thats all my 2 cents was worth.

I have dogs from the same family, a few from each breeding, 7 different breedings right now. So im hoping to find the flow of the family. like is said, gotta start somewhere.

Hey, thanks for the advice.

I took a chance with Snooty dogs in two breedings.. . A champion in each:

ch. xena: http://www.machobuck.com/Xena.HTM
    ch. Snooty boy: http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=41020

disappointed :

macho 1x x Saraquel.... All duds

macho one of best ever. beat a 4x er going for 5, that had beat Havana Chico, Cuban missing link, and strictly business. Macho made rom in only 4 breedings:
    http://www.machobuck.com/Macho.HTM

Saraquel from gr. Ch. yellowbuck and ch. Miss nico

bred together... didley squat

Saraquel to rommell.. Ch. Rommellbuck and 2 two timers, and a female that made Ch. Graveyard
    http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=20223

at one time I just finished the careers of some of the hardest mouths I have seen
    Moya 26,30,19,40,14
    Buts 30,19,14
    Magoshka 27,13,50

I bred Moya to magoshka and got a couple of game plugs ,chest dogs with no mouth, two going over 2 hours
    I bred Moya to buts got one pup that's probably the dumbest dog I have ever seen

This one has puzzled me for a number of years. A Cardenas male who was as game a dog as ever. The owner should have matched him instead of stopping countless number of dogs that might could have made it if not crossing his path. He was bred to a skull drug, talented and fair mouth Redboy bitch. The first litter of four were all winners by 2 years old. Two of them championed out. The other two finished as 1XW'ers. On the repeat breeding I got at the front of the line. I got two. The male at 20 months had stardom written all over him. At 22 months he decided he needed a career change. The female was a slow starter but eventually cranked and quit soon after.

They were not my dogs and not my breeding but after seeing the success the first time around I was surely disappointed in the repeat breeding. Out of five only one proved to be game. EWO