Thread: Need to understand w.i.c a bit better.

Need to understand w.i.c a bit better.

My question is when I'm going up in generations , say 6, 8, 10- 14 I notice certain dogs blood percentage wise increases as they move up the chart, for instance gen. 14 28.87 % x622 bolio or 26.74% x332 redboy. Does this represent what the over all blood of the offspring or where it all began. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.

The percentage is calculated each time on what you see. As yougo back in the tree, a dog may reappear, for eg you might have dog X in second gen, so 25%, if you watch 4gens, and if you go at 5th gen and it reappears then you will get an additional 3.125%

Quote Originally Posted by Thunder98 View Post
    My question is when I'm going up in generations , say 6, 8, 10- 14 I notice certain dogs blood percentage wise increases as they move up the chart, for instance gen. 14 28.87 % x622 bolio or 26.74% x332 redboy. Does this represent what the over all blood of the offspring or where it all began. I hope I'm explaining this correctly.
    On a short pedigree, a given dog might only be seen once (or not at all yet).

For example, Dibo.

In a 4-gen pedigree, you may not see Dibo at all.

In a 6-gen, you may see him 3x ... but as you go back to a 14-gen pedigree, Dibo may be in there 16x (or more).

Jack