Thread: "A good Rubdown"

Banned

"A good Rubdown"

What do you guy`s do after working a hound... what do you do, and why?

Banned
    some use alcohol << I want to know, why do you use this? The reason is I Ask is because I just left a fellow (young) Dog man he was rubbing him down with green rubbing alcohol, as he was doing this, I asked ... he told me because it feels good and will absorb into his pores and help with muscle soreness..... what`s you're reason? (only respond if you do this)

Alcohol?

Witch's Hazel is the traditional rubdown elixir of choice for boxers.

Not sure I would use either on a dog though ... as they lick themselves, where humans don't.

Banned

???

I just never understood mussel-rub or alcohol as a rub-down ...because dogs don't have pores ... THEY SWEAT from there tongue and paw`s. so what good is that?

I give my dog a rub down after a work out, mainly because it's what I was thought to do lol. I also use a green alcohol based muscle rub designed for horses but I dilute it with apple cider vinigar and a drop of water, this changes is from the thick liquid it is to a watery liquid and then I put it in a spray bottle and spray it on before rubbing the dog down. I also spray the inside of there dog boxes with apple cider vinigar.

I don't use any of the alcohols or muscle rubs myself. I do rub down 20-25 minutes after a work session. I am not sure of the intent of the post, was it, "the purpose of the rubdown"? or "the usefulness of the muscle rubs and/or alcohol?".

The rubdown is quality time with the dog for one. I personally think it helps but opinions vary.

The second part is that it pushes the 'old blood' out of the muscle and allows the 'new blood' in. It aids in recovery.

Basically your thumb and forefinger should knead every inch of the dog's body, from the tip of his nose to the tip of his tail. The larger muscle groups get a little more time, especially the quads and the front shoulders into the chest area. Take 20-25-30 minutes to go over the dog a couple-three times. EWO

I use it because it cools your dog off quicker I have friends who run dogs in hunting and when the dogs runs there self too hot they rub them down to cool them off quickly

A good rundown can vary greatly by how one defines good. 30 minutes of touch from one person can have very little effect, while 30 minutes with another can be life changing. Most sports.conditioning involves massage, because it feels good, removes lactic acid, and.can bring awareness to minor injuries. Most rundown techniques are fairly one dimensional. If you can begin "energy work" as part of the touch process, this is where you'll make the greatest strides in forming a real bond with your charge. What's energy work? It's easier to post a link than try to.explain it.
    https://yinyanghouse.com/energywork/..._to_energywork

A good rubdown known to me as "killing".....using the fingertips you start at the head, then rub in the direction of the fur hit the shoulders/legs, ribcage, the back all the way through the tail and lastly the stifles. Have used alcohol or even horse liniment....use nothing near the face except your fingertips....this is the way I was taught...no matter which solution you use during killing you rub them down until their dry...