Thread: Bloodlines that look the most like bullies.

Bloodlines that look the most like bullies.

Hey guys. I appreciate the help I've had so far. What bloodlines/ Breeders should I be researching for not only large dogs, but broader heads and shoulders etc. In other words looking for Heavyweight and/or bloodlines that look the closest to what Bullies look like. Please help. Thank you all so much!

Hello Self. If you are just wanting some big Bulldogs. Get you a big Red Boy- Jocko bred female, or a large Am-Staff. Cross it to a big male Johnson bred line American Bulldog. Believe there was another breed of those American Bulldogs that looked to me. Better built than these later show bred blood line of Johnson America Bulldogs. There are I believe about three variants of the American Bulldogs.

Breed this and you will get a nicer looking Bulldog type that has the grit to catch hogs/ cattle etc. and makes a good family Farm type Bulldog.

A well built large again A.P.B.T. Red Boy- Jocko/ or any large A.P.B.T. or Am- Staff type female bred to a well built pure male Great Dane makes a nice looking catch weight Farm type Bulldog. This type dog can get up to around one hundred Twenty Five pounds.

Bass'/Marlowe's Red Boy was game tested on such a bred type dog. Red Boy never saw the top of day light and was skull drugged on a hot/humid/ dog day's summer. Way back when, in Hartsville S.C. Was always in holds, shaken like a rag doll, yet made some game scratches on wobbly legs.

The Bully breed are nothing but a cross with Am- Staff - A.P.B.T. with American Bulldog and maybe a Bull Mastiff etc. large breeds. Get your self a male Bull Mastiff. Cross that to a large Female Am-Staff or A.P.B.T.

American Bulldog/ Bull Mastiff/ Am-Staff/A.P.B.T., the Plot Hound and Leopard Cur have a common old original English Bulldog connection. But not the the modern English Pug cross Bulldog. This is nothing new you are wishing to do. When I was a young boy most farmers had a Catch type Bulldog on their farms. Mostly a regular male English Bulldog bred to a A.P.B.T. female or a larger Am-Staff female for more size.

These were protective family dogs that could help get loose livestock back into it's appropriate pen or dwelling place. Could grip and hold without doing a lot of skin/ muscle damage to cattle or hogs etc. Cheers
    Last edited by CYJ; 08-04-2021 at 01:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Self, real dog breeders of real A.P.B.T. do not breed their dogs too be built like a Bully Bulldog. A Bully would not last very long in a show event. The Bully body type is very inefficient for proper breathing and wrestling ability.

The Bullies are novel dogs to look at. I would not mind one for a pet. But that would be about it. Still the price they sell those dogs for. I would never pay that price.

Many years back a older man that lived down the road from me. Had a Argento cross to a Bull Mastiff. Was all white. Was a huge dog well over a hundred pounds. Neck size at least 30 inches. Beautiful and friendly dog. When the dog was allowed in the yard. Was tied to a big heavy cast iron pot. Which the dog dragged around like it was nothing.

When I was a young lad. My Father had some of those J.M. Trice A.P.B.T. We also had a big Great Dane named Pocket. If we got to close to the Pit Dogs. Pocket would get in-between us and the pit dog and nudge us away. Pocket was not afraid of those dogs and preferred to let them be. On an occasion or two Pocket had to grapple a couple of times. Pocket was much bigger and very strong. So once we were clear, could shake the other dog loose from holds, being the Pit dog was still on it's chain. Enough rambling. Cheers

Thank you very much CYJ! The truth is, at heart, I just want the most well-bred Competitive APBT that I can find that will be 60+lbs. or greater. I've found this in Dirt Road Kennels based in Bakersfield CA. another guy in PA. I'm ready to buy or at least put down a deposit for first pick (based on size) just want quality as high as possible. Could you please throw me any kennels/breeders that produce this in at least their biggest pups? AS soon as possible! That's all I need thank you kindly CYJ!

Ditto. Most of those big dog APBT breeders I knew are probably long gone by now. The Paladin line and the Joe Beal dogs were some of the biggest I had seen.
    Last edited by CYJ; 08-08-2021 at 08:14 PM.