Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What Bloodline Cross Do You Think Has Overall Had The Biggest Impact In The Sport ?

What Bloodline Cross Do You Think Has Overall Had The Biggest Impact In The Sport ?

For me I will go with Redboy/Jocko/Bolio/Tombstone , I feel that the cross has consistently produced more Champions and Grand Champions then it's contemporaries, many of those Ch's and Gr Ch's becoming "household names'' in the process of their campaigns and/or production percentages. Eli/Carver would be a close second but I just don't think they have the same percentage of Grand Champions, though I may be wrong. Also keep in mind the Eli/Carver cross has been around a lot longer.

Tant's Yellow x Hollingsworth's Dolly

Quote Originally Posted by brokeback View Post
    Yes it is and Jack made a strong case for the Eli/Bolio cross

My vote would be Eli/Carver based stuff. Ed Crenshaw and Carver's dogs just aren't as common as the RBJBT stuff so it's just not going to have the public's attention as much IMHO. RBJBT are some of the most peddled dogs out there so yea they're going to have eye catching titles and numbers but I don't think the percentage is there. JMO.

I'd lean toward the Eli/Carver dogs but I could not make a case either way with statistics and numbers.

My reasoning would be when the Eli-Carver dogs were doing it there were not as many dogs out there and the percentages of people having dogs and doing dogs was much higher.

Today there is so many dogs and so much money in dogs it is hard to think the peddlers are not pushing toward the majority.

I am a big fan of the RBJBT dogs and would think they are right up there, especially today. I just would think on percentages the Eli-Carver dogs of yesteryear would pull slightly ahead.

EWO

Jocko/bolio and tombstone have a good amount of dibo blood. Which I believe Eli dogs are heavy dibo. obviously crossing the redboy into either of the dibo strain made some dam good hog catchers.

Tri Valley Kennels had great success with the Cottingham/Eli cross.

Yes, Tri-Valley did great things with that cross. If you were making a plan with a pedigree you would say I'd like to scratch like a Cottingham dog with a ton of that Eli mouth right between the eyes. Mission complete.

EWO