Thread: Question about a jackson dog?

Question about a jackson dog?

Is there much out there from Jackson's thug's offspring, johnnie, ghost etc? I saw thug in person when he was named mugger man, maybe around 2004 or so (may have the year wrong). i always liked thug and ghost too.

Redemption kennels is either in SC or Georgia ( I forget which). Their dogs came straight from Mr. Jackson. Most of theirs are the dogs that made Thug.

The only thing with the off spring when he was Mugger Man is that they could be off anything. His owner at the time, (and not trying to speak ill of the dead, RIP) was a con artist and a swindler. A stable full of well bred dogs but I think he enjoyed the swindle/swindling.

My buddy had one of Mugger Man bred to Kay Kay. Looked like Mugger Man spit him out. Clone. Bumped into a guy at a show in SC who had one off Grunt and Kay Kay. Born a week apart. One ADBA registered and one BFKC registered. Both pups looked identical.

Finding one after he was Mugger Man will be hard enough based on the time but knowing how he is really bred back in the mid 2000's will make for a lot of questions.

If it is the Jackson family itself message CYJ on this board. He is the most knowledgeable person on the planet other than Mr. Jackson himself on that family of dogs.

EWO

Thanks, EWO, so true what you said. You might could throw Holland in that mix also. LOL

Pure Bulldogs, I would not be too concerned with those particular dogs of the past. V. Jackson's has two living stud dogs today. I have both pedigrees of these two living stud dogs listed on this site. His contact phone # is listed in the narratives on both pedigrees.

If you have some well-built deep game females etc. Your best bet is to breed to those stud dogs. I like the stud dog that carries an outcross of not necessary Hemphill red nose descendant dogs. Some maybe are but are red nose type dogs. That dog is V. Jackson's Grizz II
    I felt V.J. needed a serious out cross and this Stud dog and its sister siblings have that.

The other dog is a continuation of his dogs over the years. That stud dog is V. Jackson's John Snow. If he does a Criss cross breeding of those family of dogs, would be able to continue on for some years if getting proven dogs.

I always believe it is better to use your best females and breed to a stud dog of your choice. Best to be there and witness the whole event and take pictures. Much better way than buying up expensive puppies. Gambling how they turn out.

Whatever you plan to do, do it soon. V.J. is in his late 70's and health not so good. Cheers
    Last edited by CYJ; 03-10-2022 at 12:38 PM.

Redemption Kennels that was mentioned may no longer be active or own any dogs etc. That dog man had a blend of V.J.'s dogs and I believe Holland dogs. As I mentioned before V.J.'s dogs needed some new blood, which recently he did do.

Redemption Kennels had over all poor sucess because the best of his dogs were lunatics, chain chewers etc. The best ones he had could keep no teeth in their mouths. This was his V. Jackson x Red Boy crosses etc. He did have one good dog I believe he called Snake. Won two or three shows with that dog. Cheers
    Last edited by CYJ; 03-10-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Thanks for the reply.

Hope all is well with you and yours. I'm coming off of Covid and it was brutal. Still slow after a month. I will say I got a silver lining. I did not lose taste or smell like many have but I lost the taste for sweets. Anything with sugar tastes metallic, maybe even like a mouthful of pennies. I lost 32lbs in a month.

I drank so much Mountain Dew/Pepsi before I am worried the Pepsi Bottling Co. might have a lay-off. LOL

I will try to post a video later showing what you get when dealing with that Red Boy blood.

Thanks again,

EWO

Ditto EWO. Pray all is well with your family. Sorry to hear you caught the original Covid. My oldest daughter did also. It was tough on her also. Glad to hear you are up and going again.

I know you have told me before, when are the better hours to call you now. I have got to call V.J. soon. Have not heard from him in about 4 months. Need to call C. McLeod also.

Starting to feel my age now. Will be seventy-two this coming May. Working outside chores etc. in four- or five-hour work shift periods. Got my work shed cleaned up today. My shed is thirty foot long and twenty-foot-wide building. Miss that extra big round table I had in it. Probably for the best. I would be very tempted to try and work another dog.

Will be interesting to read or see a video of your insight on the Red Boy dogs. Cheers

Hello Pure Bulldog. When you look at those two V. Jackson's Pedigrees. Both dogs have the V. Jackson's Thug dog back there in these dog pedigrees. Hope this helps. Cheers

EWO, I would also like to mention that years back. When Red Boy first became popular. Katie told me that Maurice Carver called her inquiring about Red Boy.

Mr. Maurice Carver and Mr. Howard Teal were in the dogs in their younger years and were close to the same age. Through the dog magazine Maurice knew of Red Boy's two wins.

The three popular stud dogs in that time era in S.C. Was Bass' Red Boy, V. Jackson's Hank, and the Kelley's Willie dog. Cheers

Thanks for the replies. Very good info. Getting ready to check out those pedigrees now.
    The bad thing, just getting back into dogs so I don't have any now. I know how it goes with COVID. Had it 6 months ago and just now feeling like I'm back to normal. The brain fog sucked for a while. Thankful I made it though.