Thread: Animal Fat

Animal Fat

I have been feeding Raw since I got my copy of the PBB and the DVD's, as I became more used to feeding raw i started trying different things. My question is this, it gets petty cold in the winter in Maryland (not this year so far) and I would like to know is it safe for me to feed my Bulldogs Beef fat in their feed as well?

They still have small hard terds as described in the PBB, Their full of life, and their coats are super white with little or no shedding, the only thing is their breath smell like crap lol! I just need to confirm it is safe to supplement their feed with this fat.

Thank you in advance.

Re: Animal Fat

Quote Originally Posted by Marooda
    I have been feeding Raw since I got my copy of the PBB and the DVD's, as I became more used to feeding raw i started trying different things. My question is this, it gets petty cold in the winter in Maryland (not this year so far) and I would like to know is it safe for me to feed my Bulldogs Beef fat in their feed as well?
    They still have small hard terds as described in the PBB, Their full of life, and their coats are super white with little or no shedding, the only thing is their breath smell like crap lol! I just need to confirm it is safe to supplement their feed with this fat.
    Thank you in advance.

Sure it is, and I suppose beef fat would be my preferred choice ...

Another thing to consider is everytime your wife bakes chicken, or turkey, a side of beef, or even pork ... have her save all the grease/fat that comes out ... and pour it over your dog's feed. Hell, even on the rare times Tina and I eat bacon, all that bacon grease goes in the dog's feed

Welcome aboard!

Jack

PS: And, yep, nothing worse than a raw-fed dog burp in the face, LOL

Good to go, I am glad to hear this good news, I get that treasure for dirt cheap at food lion, they look at me like im a nut when I ask them to save the fat, then walk out with 20 lbs of it cashiers look at me like :? . who cares the furballs love it

Thanks for sharing your knowledge Jack, you have no idea how intelligent and creative it makes me look around my peers and other Dog men and I really enjoy making Vets stutter when they think I am ignorant to their sells tactics it's a wonderful feeling........and most important I know my dogs love me more because of this, in fact eventually I will make it mandatory for anyone who adopts one of my pups to own this book, it makes sense. waiting for the rest of the DVD's to come out, I need them.

Every true dog man should own a copy of the PBB and the DVD's

Quote Originally Posted by Marooda
    Good to go, I am glad to hear this good news, I get that treasure for dirt cheap at food lion, they look at me like im a nut when I ask them to save the fat, then walk out with 20 lbs of it cashiers look at me like :? . who cares the furballs love it
    Thanks for sharing your knowledge Jack, you have no idea how intelligent and creative it makes me look around my peers and other Dog men and I really enjoy making Vets stutter when they think I am ignorant to their sells tactics it's a wonderful feeling........and most important I know my dogs love me more because of this, in fact eventually I will make it mandatory for anyone who adopts one of my pups to own this book, it makes sense. waiting for the rest of the DVD's to come out, I need them.
    Every true dog man should own a copy of the PBB and the DVD's

Hey glad you have profited by the material, and thank you for your kind words.

I've hurt a few vets' feelings by setting them straight on many matters

But a truly good vet, who is both knowledgeable and in your corner, is someone who deserves your utmost respect

Jack

ya that pbb sure does rock alright years of researh stuffed into one book ,and the best part( for me anyway) is its all in lay mans terms perfect

Quote Originally Posted by southend
    ya that pbb sure does rock alright years of researh stuffed into one book ,and the best part( for me anyway) is its all in lay mans terms perfect

8-)