Thread: Jenny Plans

Jenny Plans

I ran across the plans for building a Jenny last month or so and was wondering if any of you had the plans and wouldn't mind sharing,,, I surely would appreciate it ... I'm trying to at least build a 20/30ft jenny,,, Thanks in advance!!!

Showcase if you have the room. The best over all running length of the main running arm is 40 foot out from center. With a opposite 1/3 length counter weight arm to balance it. Would not go below 30 feet. 30/35/40 feet gives the dog the overall best running arch.

On the end of the pulling pipe where the dog is attached. Angle it up about 8 to 10 inches. This allows a immediate driving force to the mill when the dog pushes forward. I noticed on the You tube segment of Fat Bill's small Jenny. He had a piece of thick coiled cable that would straighten out when dog pulled hard ahead. But curled back up over it's head when dog slowed down and was just dog trotting. Thought that was a neat trick to keep the slack of the pulling chain or rope from hitting the dog. Good luck with your Jenny. Cheers