Thread: Stomach Cyst

Stomach Cyst

So I kinda found out about 2 weeks ago what made my dog sick all the time (usually it's 2 weeks health, 2 weeks sick, and so on) since May. We did an ultrasound (our bad, we didn't know we're supposed to do it on an empty stomach, so might be a bit inaccurate) and the vet found a small cyst in the stomach. He said that's what's probably causing his infection and fever. Vet said, might need to do a surgery to remove the cyst.

He was healthy again for 2 weeks after the ultrasound, then a few days ago got sick again. Slight diarrhea but fever wasn't as bad as before. Just weak and lethargic.

Anyone here has any experience with something like this? Should I do a surgery for the cyst?

I would say do the surgery.

Never had this particular experience with a stomach cyst.

Maybe a second opinion (????) and then get it corrected.

Leaving a dog to be sickly never ends well.

Best of luck.

EWO

I'm probably gonna get a 2nd opinion then do another ultrasound (on empty stomach this time) and decide from there.

Update. So we did another ultrasound yesterday on an empty stomach and guess what there is no cyst. I really think the culprit is his low albumin level. The cut off for the normal range is 2.5 and his was always 2.3-2.4. He got healthy a couple days after I gave him Orbumin (supplement to increase Albumin).