Thread: Dogs in the Winter

Dogs in the Winter

where i am located it gets cold when it cold, and very hot when its hot,
    The last 3 days its been around 15 degrees, and i ended up bringing my dogs into the inside kennel runs.
    What are some of the best heat insulators for there barrels.
    As of right now i feel them with hay

Re: Dogs in the Winter

Quote Originally Posted by YigYang
    The last 3 days its been around 15 degrees, and i ended up bringing my dogs into the inside kennel runs.
    I live in ky so it's cold here too. I had just started a post about this back when it first started getting cold. Jacks reply was keep the hole small 9 inches or less but lose the hay and get some straw its hollow so it holds heat but DO NOT USE IT IN THE SUMMER the oils in it are a flea havens

Quote Originally Posted by scary
    Quote Originally Posted by YigYang
    I live in ky so it's cold here too. I had just started a post about this back when it first started getting cold. Jacks reply was keep the hole small 9 inches or less but lose the hay and get some straw its hollow so it holds heat but DO NOT USE IT IN THE SUMMER the oils in it are a flea havens
    Sorry jacks reply was keep the hole small 9 inches or less and keep them full.
    I (jack) have lived in TN for years do that and they will be fine.

[center:37pekvn1][/center:37pekvn1]I live in New England and my dogs stay outside all year round. All you really gotta do is make good dog houses and pack them. Put alittle weight on the dogs and keep them hydrated, they will be just fine. I have these:

Nice. I would put something on the bottom to keep it off the ground.

I live 10 miles from lake Erie...we have BRUTAL winters!! You just have to stay on top of things. Here is another doghouse model that may help you out some. http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/uniquekenn ... prints.htm

Here is another one that is a nice design. http://sites.google.com/site/paulhenrydoghouses/