Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: drying out naturally

drying out naturally

I read a thread here about drying one out with dex. Since I prefer to keep things natural, I was wondering if anyone had any methods of doing so all natural. What are good ways of rubbing one down to help with expelling excess water.

Thanks in advance!

A dog rids itself of excess water simply because of that. It's excess. Rubbing one down won't contribute to the urination. If the dog doesn't have enough water, there won't be any excess to essentially urinate. If your dog isn't getting enough water throughout his keep, you won't be able to pull any excess of him. The body will hold onto the water it has instead of ridding itself of the water. You essentially have to hyperhydrate your dog to do what you're asking.

Well the last one i showed i pretty much followed the process you laid out in the "drying without dex" thread(or atleast i think that was the name of it). Where you stated you gave about an ounce per lb of body weight of fluids. Then if im not mistaken you said you controlled water intake last few days. I tried this and couldnt get the water off. So 4 hours before the show i hit him with 1cc of dex (following some advice) he came in on weight but he was only 7 ounces over at that time. So he had plenty of time to urinate more on walks. Anyway the result was a 3 hour loss. All of the mouth i saw in schooling was gone at the show. Some say dex played a role in this, idk as i have no proof of that, but he also wasnt as tenacious as he usually is. I'll chunk the loss up to me not doing my job as he showed all the heart in the world.

All statements are purely fictional and used for entertainment purposes only!

If you go back to normal 3 days out and you stay on same food you should go down. I try to be spot on a week out, than up the food when i start cutting back water to normal, cause i know weight will drop some. So don't know what went wrong or what it is that you wanted to achieve? By giving that much water in training, there is no water retention(not the other way around) and most excessive water will just be pissed out within 24 houres. Maybe you expected the dog to lose more.

How much water did you give when u started cutting back, and how much overweight were u when u started cutting it back?

The term drying out sounds kind of creepy. If you draw out water from your dog's muscles so do you draw out crucial electrolytes.

I fight mma and Thai boxing, our New trainer will not let us dry out. (No sauna or sweat suits) He is a nutritionist and controls our weights with purely diet. The results, we still come in on weight and I honestly feel better and stronger the day of competition with less fatigue during. I'm hoping to hear Jack's response to this question.... Will this have the same effect on dogs? If not, then why not?

A dog weighs in the same day as a show, it's completely different to martial arts.
    In Thai boxing, mma and boxing you weigh in 24 hours before a fight, the idea of drying yourself out and sweat training is so you usually fight at a lighter natural weight because you have 24 hours to rehydrate, if your doing your cut through diet and not cutting water then the thing you face is the strong possibility of fighting a bigger man. I'm Thai boxing and mma this wasn't a huge deal as guys didn't really know much about cutting weight but in later years the mma guys have really caught on which is why you have huge guys at the weight. In boxing you just wouldn't have ever got away with it because the professional edge of the sport had the athletes way more advanced.
    The reason you way in 24 hours in advance is for fighter safety around dehydration.

Yes and no. Where I'm at some shows we do weigh in 24 hours in advance but also have same day weigh ins only a couple hours before hand and same results. But I see what you're saying.

Obviously the same day weigh ins are in amateur competition?? Professional fighters always weigh in 24 hours in advance. I've been around the fight game most of my life and any true pro I know cuts a considerable amount of water weight before they weigh in.
    Think we're getting off topic a bit lol.

Yes indeed lol. There are pro am shows we still do day of but either way I'd still like to know how that would work for the dogs. I'm curious if just purely controlling diet and not dehydrating at all will work as well in animals? Maybe I'll just give it a practice run to find out lol

We dont like to use dex in that manner of drying out! I can tell when someone lost their cool just because they were a pound over 12-24 hours out!
    Dog looks to to dry!
    For me i always have to play with their water as they loose lots of it just from work!
    They weight is recored every 12hours and before and after work that way i know how much was water weight!
    Then might add a cup or two with their feed along with clean water that is left with them for 10Hours and only taken away two hours before work!
    I have seen likes of CH Rasco get #4 and pass because of being a pound over and dex till he went from looking like a action figure to looking like a bag of bones!
    I say that to say if your going to dry with it master it first!