Thread: Next big dog

Next big dog

I was sitting in the yard last evening and thinking about all the dogs that i have had. I lost some good dogs and missed some good breedings. Hind site is a mother. Sometimes situations played a factor but mostly not recognizing or realizing what i had at that time i lost valuable opportunities. Looking through my yard now i just realized that http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...p?dog_id=31339 is the next big thing. I bought sho nuf 2xw, hallieberry2xw, lil mighty2xw, john doe1w-1xl, lionheart 1xw, bulldog1xw and a few others as prospects until my pups became of age. Just realizing the caliper of dogs they are and researching through and through the shows, countless stories on family members, peds, and comparisons to other well known bloods sho nuf has got to be the next big name to float through the game. I'm not trying to boost him in any way cause he has a home and im not a peddler (although he will be the 1st dog i have ever stud) but i dont see a line that i believe is gamer or smarter.

Well, it is good to have a feeling like that.

The dog doesn't have to be a 9x winner to be able to produce. (The best producers in history usually are not.)

If you have that feeling about this animal, then you need to back that feeling with a lifetime of dedication to preserving what he has, lining-up bitches that nick, and "setting" those traits in your breeding efforts.

There have been plenty of great dogs, and even all-around good dogs, that COULD HAVE made a lasting imprint in the game.

What is rarest of all is dogMEN who will actually manage those good dogs, and their good traits, well enough (and long enough) to set those traits and develop an actual line with them.

Good luck to you.

Thanks jack. And Jack a lot of it comes from the hollingsworth book. Being that his parents and siblings are gone on to glory and the traits are there then i have to use him to keep the traits. I have a litter to spicey off of him. I also have started taking steps in keeping these traits going for a while. http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...eeding_id=6993. Lol not me on the picture though. I will also breed him to lil mighty when she leaves the trail. Now when i say traits i mean smart- you can take this dog deer hunting (alone), squirrel hunting, playing with the kids, work anything, and if you put him in the house he wont use the bathroom but you better lock the doors. His corners are undeniable. He is one that you know is game as they come no doubt but dont get hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by stopem View Post
    Thanks jack. And Jack a lot of it comes from the hollingsworth book. Being that his parents and siblings are gone on to glory and the traits are there then i have to use him to keep the traits. I have a litter to spicey off of him. I also have started taking steps in keeping these traits going for a while. http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...eeding_id=6993. Lol not me on the picture though. I will also breed him to lil mighty when she leaves the trail. Now when i say traits i mean smart- you can take this dog deer hunting (alone), squirrel hunting, playing with the kids, work anything, and if you put him in the house he wont use the bathroom but you better lock the doors. His corners are undeniable. He is one that you know is game as they come no doubt but dont get hurt.
    Anytime you really see a dog that stands out to you like that, that you can tell is truly special, you should drop anchor and base your yard on him--exactly as you're doing.

The pups will not be "super dogs" ... they will just be pups ... but take note of how many have his characteristics. Don't make quick decisions. Give everything a chance to grow up, a chance to get schooled, and a chance at something its own weight.

I am sure you already realize some dogs may start school as "average" ... but get smarter, and better, with each session (that is why they call it 'school' after all, lol, and really smart dogs learn things each time ).

I had a lot of people tell me how "average" their Poncho offspring were as they would get schooled ... how their dog stopped this dog, and that dog, and this dog, and that dog ... the point of which many people dismiss SMART dogs as "no ability" dogs ... just because they're not killing everything

(The fact that they're stopping everything doesn't seem to register as important )

Anyway, good luck to you, and ignore everything anyone else says, and let the accumulated record over time reflect the merit of what you're doing.

Best of luck luck

Very nice!! The best of luck with him.