Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HOLLINGSWORTH DOGS

HOLLINGSWORTH DOGS

hey jack im about half way thru the book i purchased and am loving it just a question , did hollingsworth ever match dogs himself or just bred dogs ?

I have the book and if I recall corect, just a breeder, never match any.

No, he never did match any dogs.

in all the years of breeding tight and using hollingsworths methods was there any confirmation faults that popped up ? i ask this questi0on in regards to his breeding methods only ..

Actually, physical structure and soundness were the hallmark of his bloodline!

I have never seen such uniform physical perfection in any other strain of dogs since then.

The only thing they lacked overall was speed and brains.

Jack

Quote Originally Posted by CA Jack View Post
    Actually, physical structure and soundness were the hallmark of his bloodline!

I have never seen such uniform physical perfection in any other strain of dogs since then.

The only thing they lacked overall was speed and brains.

Jack
    Which is why I love the 25% Gr.Ch.Buck for speed and brains, 25%Hollingsworth for physical soundness and durability,and 50% Redboy-Jocko for LUNGS that breathe underwater, add a bit of Tonka bear to the mix, and you get retardedly game, super fast and smart , durable athletic specimens that can win even when we shape them.

This is an interesting topic and one that I wanted to bring up. The Hollingsworth dogs were physical perfection, yet I have seen quite a few descendants of Hollingsworth/Buck dogs with terrible physical faults and deformities.

Here is only one of many:

http://www.thepitbullbible.com/forum...hp?dog_id=7143

Where are these deformities coming from?

I'm not sure. But this one has Buck and hollingsworth.

Quote Originally Posted by evolutionkennels View Post
    I'm not sure. But this one has Buck and hollingsworth. http://home.comcast.net/~evolutionkn...hobear2974.jpg
    He is an awesome looking dog. I've noticed all your Buck/Hollingsworth dogs look like perfect specimens. Since these Gaston bred dogs have similar ancestors why does it seem to show up mostly in this line?

i didnt see any deformities??