Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Holland's haymaker

Holland's haymaker

Not taking anything away from the hound, he's an outstanding producer. I have even..... well my dad had offspring that had some haymaker blood back in the day that either came directly off him or had him in 2nd and 3rd gen. They were damn good, but why I'm here, well back then I didn't know anything about bloodlines I just knew the names well now that I'm back and picking up were my pops left off, been trying to do a lot of homework, so my question is..... DID HAYMAKER REALLY QUIT?

Did he??

This is from another site:

you and i both know haymaker quit in 12 on a smaller dog 4 months after his last hard check with a half ass one! i seen with my own eyes and you know it! your exact words were "so i'll just keep him and see what he throws. he's bred to good to shoot"! and if im wrong why is the only scar on haymaker on his hind legs? we both know why dont we ronnie? i did not think a dog could scream so loud did you? no matter how he is bred he needs to be put down. quit robbing folks on the red boy name! bull**** buster. you know who i am now dont you ronnie? you forgetful pill popping old bastard! buyers beware this guy wont rembember you 5mins after your gone and will try and push off everything on you while your there, it's funny he charges so much and lives like a bum.lol shoot haymaker! to who ever did put this board up , if you got one off haymaker you aint checked it hard yet!!!! if you did you would have put up a why buy haymaker board instead! go check your 2000.dollar haymaker dog for real. i bet it aint worth 20.

No correlation between quitting and throwing game dogs.

Breeding game dogs mostly gives us the warm fuzzies.

EWO

A post like that is what makes dog people look like trash.

After fifty siblings later. Pretty well a mute point. LOL Most of the heavy Dibo strains have quitting dogs in the background.. The Boudreaux's Scrub dog's picture shows it standing on the line taking the count.

I still am a big Fan of those Texas Tea Dibo strains of dogs. To me these dogs are like that 80's song, (Crack that Whip, Break your momma's Back, Now Crack it.). What those Dibo dogs do to other game strains of dogs, if they can not survive that hour to hour and half mark. LOL.

Now I do not believe in breeding a dog that quits especially on top winning. Still it is a pipe dream to believe all the dogs of today that have a sixteen generation papers. That all of it's ancestors were deep game to dead game dogs. Just being merrily foolish to believe that. So I reckon we will have to give ole Holland's Haymaker a pass. At least it is a nice looking well built dog. Cheers

Yes well I don't have a dog in this but I understand why ol boy called him out. I've seen way too many people just breed cur and the new buyer thinks he's got the next big one to find out he's out of a 5 min cur. Its not right to do folks that way. If your goi g to sell a pup as off of a good one sell pups off good ones regardless of how many red letters he has on a computer ped.

Very true. But half these dogs are sold based on 'guts on the floor and blood on the ceiling' war stories. The red and blue pedigree print is one more tool that was meant to be used on a positive way but gets flip flopped if it serves a purpose.

If Haymaker quit yesterday and was being bred today then tomorrow's puppy purchaser is getting screwed. No doubts. But since Haymaker was bred a number of years ago and there are several generations between him and puppies being sold today it really does not factor in at all whether he quit or not. It immediately jumps to whether the dogs he produced in turn produces game dogs. Performance and production have no link other than we get the warm fuzzies breeding game dogs. Granted stacking game dog on top of game dog increases the odds of more game dogs and even that is not an absolute.

If Haymaker did or did not indeed quit then so be it. He has some offspring/grandkids that have went out there and did it, mostly as crosses but did it the same.

The better question would be how around that time how those dogs became thick hided, rough and durable and could bite shit in just about half. If I were going to use the Holland strain of Red Boy I would want to breed toward those dogs understanding I had an unknown variable vs. wondering whether Haymaker quit or not.

The Banks Heatmaker dog is throwing dogs with real clamp. His offspring in turn are doing the same. A number of years back I never remembered anyone saying those Holland dogs could really shut it down....then all of a sudden CLAMP.

If he quit, he quit. So be it. If there were a true way to identify gamedogs in every pedigree there would be an awful lot of hurt feelings.

EWO

I agree.. I'm from the school of the only dead game dogs are dead and they would have stopped if the condition was right. The right time they All will stop or be made to stop.. You don't think so keep hunting that Champion"Dead Game dog " every day for 45 min. On day 5 or 6 you'll see.. They are All just as good as the shape there body will let them be in. But that's all another story! What I'm saying is Folks are still doing the SAME thing Every day Right now. And some times is rubs the wrong one side ways. If. You sell dogs as off Good solid Checked bull dogs. Then sell off of good solid Checked dogs. Because it all comes out even 15 years later!
    I've got old sdj from 1980 on even have a bunch of old peat sparkes mags I found in his attic when I was helping clean up his old home place. I promise you Folks that was full of Shit still got called out! And they should f_(€ing crooks..