Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sluggo in pre-keep

sluggo in pre-keep

pre-pre-pre-pre-pre-keep.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j2NJuJn_1Jg

Never too early to get them use to being on the equipment. EWO

Very interesting contraption there sir. Nice.

It is quite the contraption. It is far too free spinning for my liking. I thought it would have a little more resistance. The puppy can keep it going. I use it on occasion. I saw one on a video and gave it a whirl. With some practice I will figure out how to work it in. I was replacing the carpet today and Sluggo was in and out of my feet so I gave him a free ride. He just took off running. I thought I was going to have to catch him as he came back around but he just started walking/trotting to keep up with it. Had my son shoot a quick video. EWO

Quote Originally Posted by EWO View Post
    It is quite the contraption. It is far too free spinning for my liking. I thought it would have a little more resistance. The puppy can keep it going. I use it on occasion. I saw one on a video and gave it a whirl. With some practice I will figure out how to work it in. I was replacing the carpet today and Sluggo was in and out of my feet so I gave him a free ride. He just took off running. I thought I was going to have to catch him as he came back around but he just started walking/trotting to keep up with it. Had my son shoot a quick video. EWO
    How long have you had it?

I too would think a dog might fall off it, but I suppose a smart dog would get used to it and stay within the parameters.

Jack

A couple of weeks. For the grown dogs there is a post with a piece of threaded rod out over the table with a snap hook to keep them centered. The puppy made no effort to get off. The few I have tried run it fairly well but they have to be hooked up. A squirrel happens by and it would the dog chasing them and me chasing the dog. I'm thinking I would finish a distant third. I will get another video of the hookup with a grown dog using it. I will be working on the learning curve in the mean time. EWO

Hey EWO, did you own a dog name Ozzie off Kasai??

Yep. Kasai to a Mims Spiffy/Lucky bitch. EWO

very nice , a good bit of work went into making that I would say, be nice to see the grown running it.

I planned to make a video of an adult dog but I just never made the effort to video during the work.

I saw one in a video and sort of winged it. It is a mobile home axle with 1 1/2" square tubing that extends out about 6 1'2'. The platform frame makes it a 14" table. In the beginning I did not like it because it was way too free. I was thinking it would have more drag/more resistance. After working one on it I like it a lot. so much so I am going to disassemble it and move it indoors. EWO

That turning table looks awesome so does Sluggo! Thanks for sharing EWO!