Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mill i built

Mill i built

I used Lemm's Specs but made some enhancements tell me what u think livewireT@gmail.com
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	mill.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	130.6 KB 
ID:	1196  

Looks good, how does it spin? Do you have any video of it spinning?

i don't yet because i'm still making adjustments it won't be extremely frees pinning because the belt is heavy 1/2 thick slats red oak at the customer's request

Looks good. I just finished my first slat mill for the 4th, 5th maybe the 6th time.

I missed on the belt material the first time. I ordered some that was way thick and stiff. The mill turned OK but not near what I was expecting. I also missed on belt length. I was too short. Again, it turned OK but was nothing to write home about.

I went back to the drawing board. I hit up a member here and a guy that makes them down east in NC. I switched to a thinner PVC belt material and used a formula for belt length. It is now really free and much like what I was looking for at the start of the build.

Like the thread in the conditioning section, it is not as easy as it looks and at the same time it can be done. Off the top of my head I think I have about $250, $300 tops. $400-$450 if I count the mistakes and wrong materials. $750,000 in the "$0.25 curse jar".

EWO

When my son gets here tomorrow he will shoot a video. I will post it sometime tomorrow.

Where is a good place to buy inline skate wheels from. My mill has steel wheels and cant

[QUOTE=loot;39069]Where is a good place to buy inline skate wheels from. My mill has steel wheels and cant take the noise anymore. Thanks

I went on ebay and just scrolled and scrolled. I ended up going with skateboard wheels. I bought 60 for about a dollar a piece. They were discontinued.

I wish had went with inline type wheels. There is less running surface on the inline/rollerblade wheel. Less friction. Should be more free and maybe even more quiet.

I thought I would get a video done today but I did not get it done. Maybe tomorrow.

EWO

Thanks EWO - I did that also I didn't see enough of the same wheels for sale. I want to them all the same.

When you see one that has a set of 24 for sale shoot them an email. There is not a lot of orders for 50 or so of the same wheels when talking boards and skates so they do not advertise those big sets.

The wheels I bought were via an email to one of the ebay sellers.

EWO

Thanks again, I found some on eBay with out the bearings. The person is trying to find the correct size bearings and 10 more wheels.