Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: coyotes ?

coyotes ?

so I'm a city boy that is moving to the country all my stuff now is young or small and there is only two dogs out side the rest are pups and my house dog but the property I'm moving to is right by the dump and coyotes come through the yard every night my friend says about 12 to 18 of them and the big one is around 60 freeking pounds. so does any one have problems with coyotes?if so how do you deal with them?or will they just leave my 28 and 35 pound bull dogs alone?

Keep your bitches in above ground kennels...
    Quote Originally Posted by kid View Post
    so I'm a city boy that is moving to the country all my stuff now is young or small and there is only two dogs out side the rest are pups and my house dog but the property I'm moving to is right by the dump and coyotes come through the yard every night my friend says about 12 to 18 of them and the big one is around 60 freeking pounds. so does any one have problems with coyotes?if so how do you deal with them?or will they just leave my 28 and 35 pound bull dogs alone?

I have them all around me, I hear them clearly every night but don't have any evidence of them being ON the property. So, I can not give you personal experience but if you're that worried then the above answers should take care of any concerns.

i plain on shooting um just don't won't a dead dog and my female dogs will stay in kennels with a roof and a pavers for floor but i think there will just be more with the dump being right there. how many dogs are on your yard brokeback?

and thinks for everyones help any one ever youse them night eyes things

The yotes use to run the creek that flows threw my property until they came across bulldogs! I haven't seen them in years and wouldn't worry about a skiddish yote

They come and go thru our area quite a bit. They seldom come all that close to the dogs.

EWO

If they are a bad problem for you or the area, call a local trapper and they would be happy to take care of them for you this winter. Most of the time, coyotes really don't hurt anything unless they are mixed with ferel dogs.
    Coyotes are all around my house and I have never had them cause any problem or bother my dogs.

My uncle would lay out raw groundbeef mixed with broken up glass mixed in with it....solved his problems for sure....got tired of them in the garden...I haven't seen any on my property, but I can surely hear them....I don't go in the woods without my JUDGE....night or day