Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Icon & Brickhouse

Icon & Brickhouse

Are they still around? I remember back in 05' I purchased a son of uey to ms. bobbi. At the time icon and Brickhouse were the flagship animals for vise grip because of their performance. How did they produce? I heard about a littermate brother to thin names toro in my area he was also said to be an amazing animal that didn't get his chance to show the world his talent due to loss of hardware. If anybody has stuff down from these dogs, how is working? Do they have the same traits & style that made icon & Brickhouse so amazing?

Re: Icon & Brickhouse

Quote Originally Posted by wrongway
    Are they still around? I remember back in 05' I purchased a son of uey to ms. bobbi. At the time icon and Brickhouse were the flagship animals for vise grip because of their performance. How did they produce? I heard about a littermate brother to thin names toro in my area he was also said to be an amazing animal that didn't get his chance to show the world his talent due to loss of hardware. If anybody has stuff down from these dogs, how is working? Do they have the same traits & style that made icon & Brickhouse so amazing?
    Icon got put down in a raid; Brick House is here on my yard.

I just got an amazing lil' pup off of Silverback & Brick House (named Amazon) that I am delighted with.

Icon has a couple winners and a loser, as well as some really talented dogs that haven't been shown. Nothing's been hooked off of Brick House ... but that doesn't mean they weren't good enough, they just never were hooked.

Jack

Jack, how did the first silverback/brIckhouse breeding turn out? Does she throw her style into her offspring?

Jack, how did the first silverback/brIckhouse breeding turn out? Does she throw her style into her offspring?
    The first breeding of Icon/Brick House produced 2 dogs, one of whom died from a congenital heart defect, the other is Green Eyes owned by White Tiger (who had the supremely-talented PonchoBack 2xW). White Tiger calls Green Eyes "Adrian Peterson" and is basing his yard on him, so I am assuming he is a pretty good dog.

Regarding Brika's style, she is a good mouth/face dog, who had heavy mouth in her day ... but she is not as talented as either her brother Icon or Silverback (nor her mother Jezebel). Don't get me wrong, Brika is a badass bitch, and is a very serious dog, she is just not as lightning-fast or as athletic as the aforementioned. But she does have mouth!

Along the same lines, there is a dog named SuperStar, off of Silverback to Secret Star (U-Nhan-Rha/BrickHouse), who is supposed to be absolutely devastating and is open right now. There is another dog named Magilla (who hasn't yet been entered into the database), off of Silverback/Twilight, who is not quite as devastating as Superstar, but who is supposed to have the incredible talent of PonchoBack ... but carries more mouth than PonchoBack ... and this is coming from the former owner of Twilight who saw PonchoBack go on both outings.

Jack

I really wanted to breed Adrian Peterson to my dirty jersey/pandi bitch, but I contacted his owner and he is no longer at stud. But there is a dog off icon/screaming banshee in my area that I was thinking of breeding her to but he throws that short muzzle. But I was told his offspring like the face. I'm looking too breed to a vise grip dog for the ability and talent. Plus I love face/mouth dogs!

I really wanted to breed Adrian Peterson to my dirty jersey/pandi bitch, but I contacted his owner and he is no longer at stud. But there is a dog off icon/screaming banshee in my area that I was thinking of breeding her to but he throws that short muzzle. But I was told his offspring like the face. I'm looking too breed to a vise grip dog for the ability and talent. Plus I love face/mouth dogs!
    Pretty much all my dogs are/throw a head/face style ... at least 9/10 times ... and pretty much all of my dogs have/throw a shorter muzzle than average (though there are exceptions).

There was a real good Icon/Enchantress male out there, but he got killed by a snake bite.

Jack

Now that I know the short muzzle trait is normal with these dogs I'll accept that because it obviously doesn't affect the performance of these dogs. Who would you think would be the better candidate to breed to? The icon/screaming banshee male or Adrian Peterson. I'm looking to add ability. This the bitch http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/mo ... _id=411591

Now that I know the short muzzle trait is normal with these dogs I'll accept that because it obviously doesn't affect the performance of these dogs. Who would you think would be the better candidate to breed to? The icon/screaming banshee male or Adrian Peterson. I'm looking to add ability. This the bitch http://www.apbt.online-pedigrees.com/mo ... _id=411591
    I'd have to see the actual dogs to answer that question. There are high-ability dogs in both pedigrees, and by "ability" I mean dogs that can do what they want but stay out of trouble at the same time.

However, that doesn't mean either one of those particular individuals expresses these traits themselves, though they both might, I don't know.

I am not sure what you like as a dogman, in style, nor am I sure of what your bitch has/doesn't have as an individual either.

Without this kind of information, it is harder to pinpoint which direction you should go.

Jack

Thanks for the advice & help. I'm going to research both studs some more and make a decision.

Sure.