Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Changes to pedigree entry

Changes to pedigree entry

From here on out all new members will have a probationary period before they can just enter pedigrees into the database. I am implementing this as a way to clean up the pedigrees and help new members learn how to utilize the database features before they do damage and I have to intervene.

Since we are a community all data entered here affects us all and we will all benefit by getting everyone up to speed or weeding out the bad seeds.

However this change will temporarily affect everyone when you re-subscribe.

1) All members upon renewal will automatically go into subscriber(b) status. And since this only happens once per year it's not a big issue.

2) If you are a long standing member then simply shoot me a pedigree that you entered or a PM and I will grant you full access ASAP. As I get to know each member this process will speed up.

3) if you are new you will have to show you can enter data correctly before you can gain privilege to enter pedigrees.

This is a minor measure for a major issue and I apologize in advance for people who are not part of the problem.

Your opinions are welcome

Thanks for the heads up BRICKFACE. I hope it helps to solve this issue but in the words of Ron White "Ya can't fix stupid"
    KOS

Quote Originally Posted by IdleWild View Post
    Thanks for the heads up BRICKFACE. I hope it helps to solve this issue but in the words of Ron White "Ya can't fix stupid"
    KOS

Quote Originally Posted by IdleWild View Post
    KOS
    true dat

alrighty then...

As a person who has entered incorrectly....I can honestly say that this will allow people, like myself to learn to properly work a thing then engage in using it. Great idea Brickface!

YARDBOY PHAB
    -Listen to the dog, and you'll go further.